Jumpy unlock slider
SRD
Several times a week I observe that when the display has timed out and gone blank and I wake it up in the locked state, when I slide the slider to the right, it will jump out from under my finger. I then have to repeat the slide several times to get the phone unlocked. Anyone else seen this?
0 Likes
Re: Jumpy unlock slider
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

This is probably a system software error. If you will do a hard reset on your device it should help resolve this issue. Below are the instructions for performing the hard reset:

To reset your phone to factory settings and erase all

the data on your phone press:

• Menu
  • Settings
  • Privacy
  • Factory data reset
  • Reset phone.

Warning: All data on your phone will be deleted.
(Nothing on your memory card is deleted.)

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
gator1
Contributor - Level 1

Mine did that, too, but in my case I wasn't sliding the bar totally to the right.  In that case it would jump back to the locked position.  I have since turned that off.  Unless you're going to password it I couldn't see any sense in having it lock if you only had to slide your finger across the screen to unlock it.

0 Likes
SRD
Resetting the phone is for me not a solution, its a problem. I'll wait until some benevolent software engineer fixes the problem in a future release before I throw away all my 7 screens of organization, and maybe apps too.
0 Likes
scruggsfan

On the forums (androidforums.com) there is a post from 8/3 warning NOT to do a hard/factory reset because of irreversible loss of 3G, apparently on many phones including the X. I wouldn't do it until "they" figure out why.

0 Likes
juny20

I'm with you on this. I have to agree that the slider is not as smooth as it was on my original Droid. I am hoping that Froyo will fix that. But, the more options and more widgets, screens, etc, the less of an option doing a hard reset is! I wish there was a suite for the Moto Droid family just like Nokia has. With the Nokia suite, you can back-up text and MSM messages, email, pictures, contacts, etc. That is lacking on the Droids.

Being that Android came from Linux, I hope some hacker/programmer would develop something like this. I use Ubuntu Linux, but have not found any back-up or sync computer application.

0 Likes