Re: It's August 16th and we have yet to see Android OS 2.2 (Froyo).
knalis

well its the 23rd today i hit up vz support for a different reason today to truble shoot my incredible it hasnt been acting up to its name as of late i asked the tech at the end of trouble shooting toda about the 2.2 update  she told me the reason why we havent gotten it and a is because the 2.2 is freezing up the very first batch of people who got the update and locking it up she also told me that yes the new dinc come with it but every one who has it now they arnt sure whose phone it will lock and freeze up so there is one of two things to do either return the one you got for a updated model or wait for the froyo 2.3 to come out which from my understanding the dinc is first in line for that one

0 Likes
mwade79
Agreed. Verizon blows at updates. Sprint started the froyo update on the evo way before Verizon even mentioned an update. Verizon is always the last to do anything by the time our incredibles even get updated by Verizon the 2.3 update will already be out. On the 18th of august Verizon finally started the update on the Motorola Droid but obviously left out the more appropriate and more capable phone for the update the Droid incredible. If Verizon ever pulls there head out of there **bleep** then maybe paying this much money for there phones and there phone plans would be worth it. But right now I feel verizon wireless is just a monopoly and all they care about is the money rolling in and not there customers.
0 Likes
Chillenout

"Right now" you think Verizon only cares about money???

Thanks for the laugh....I just spewed out my Dr. Pepper reading that.

BUT

Honey, you really need to wake up and smell the coffee. 

Do you really think that Verizon has ever care about you???  Or anyone else for that matter? Verizon has never..I repeat NEVER cared about their customers, and they never will.  

I am curious about something though...

What makes you think that Verizon cares about their customers. Since day one Verizon's only goal was to make money any way they could.

0 Likes
bamado

Memories of the Omnia I, waiting for-ever to get google maps (free) vs paid navigator. The software update for the Omnia froze my phone, that's when I learned the term "brick" ha ha. When 2.2 does get released, make sure you phone is completely charged up. That is supposedly what froze my Omnia, it wasn't charged all the way when I was downloading update. I will wait patiently for 2.2.

0 Likes
elmariachi
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dangerous_Dave wrote:

elmariachi wrote:

If you're already going the other route, there's really no reason to undo it just to get latest OTA.

But you won't get any new patches or bug fixes either.

That's pretty irrelevant as the other route will also throw in all of the bug fixes on its next release. HTC posted its source how long ago? Yea. Been a week or so at least.

The only reason you don't want to go the other route is because it'll void the warranty with your carrier.

This is what I have found out:

Earlier this month someone leaked a pre-release version of the 2.2 update. It was buggy. Within 2 weeks, all of the bugs were fixed by a 3rd party.

I'm sure VZW is doing it's best to ensure that the new platform is released stress-free on their part. It's just taking forever.

Anyway, from what I've heard, there isn't much to froyo that the casual user will notice other than 720p recording.

0 Likes
Re: September 1st I'm Happy Again....
Nismo6921

This morning @ 6:15am my phone finally recieved it's Android 2.2 (Froyo) and I could not be more happy.

Just the new 720p recording alone had me practically doing backflips, I would have captured it on video but unfortunately I was one holding the phone which made it impossible to capture my "freaking out" reaction.

I would just like to say, Thank you HTC and Google for finally kicking Verizon in it's proverbially large red posterior and getting them to push out this update. And please in the future Verizon please don't make so long...(ya right like that will happen.)

0 Likes
Re: September 1st I'm Happy Again....
Vijinand

09/01/10 and still no update.  :smileysad:

0 Likes