Re: It's August 16th and we have yet to see Android OS 2.2 (Froyo).
Nismo6921

Sborden if I could give you "over 9000" Kudos I totally would, thank you understanding where I am coming from.

0 Likes
Sborden
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks Nismo6921

I am right there with ya buddy, i was just adding my frustration to the post you had put up. 

0 Likes
FramCire

fram...i understand those of you who need it for the fixes. however, if the device doesn't work properly, why not just make vzn replace it? the only reason i mention this is because peeps started speculating in june about when we'd get froyo. it is now august and i suspect it will be AT LEAST september before inc users get froyo. i would make vzn replace my device now if it wasn't working properly......rather than wait until who knows when, for the update. they started rolling out to droid users over 2 weeks ago. they immediately had to stop (had issues....who coulda known?...lol). they then started again 2 days ago and it appears that maybe half of the droid users actually already have it? i can't imagine they would start rolling it out to inc users until thay have completed the droid ota update?

I use Launcher and have over 200 apps.  Replacing my phone is not a good option if the update will fix it.  HOWEVER, my replacement was sent yesterday to be received tomorrow.  While waiting, I am trying yet another new PRL and I am calling a person in executive relations to find out what is going on.  VZW was reluctant to send out another Incredible until the update went through, because they didnt think the replacement was likely to help.  HOWEVER, Verizon has treated me very well and even called me once, so I have no complaints except I really want the fixes.

I was told almost 2 weeks ago that they fully expect to be releasing it within 30 days but we all know how upgrades can be pushed back.

As for the other poster,   You have no proof that the OTA is ready to roll yet.  It does look like it is close but we don't know it is ready.  Also, there is a chance they are waiting for the Droid update to be done to start rolling Incredibles.  If so, they wont make an official announcement until the Droid updates are almost complete.

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

{edit for TOS violation}

I think it's a little obvious that this is totally a rumor date.

Yes, the day is only half over but I have no hopes in seeing a OTA Update notification today. 

Multiple reasons could be a fault here.

1) VZW is so involved with MOTO on a financial level they have a higher obligation to get Moto on top of other phone manufacturers.  (This in my opinion is the #1 reason)

2) VZW won't push 2.2 updates to more than 1 phone at a time due the possibility of a tech support overload.

3) VZW is having bloatware issues.

I don't really see VZW still testing this software still. From all I hear it's ready to go. My friends at VZW have it already and say it's fine. It's not crazy different that 2.1 but they have it. That HTC Froyo Dev Release is a little slap in the face I agree. 

Do I get a little crazy when these rumors come and go? Yes because it just adds fuel to the fire. I know this update is ready.

BTW that cure for cancer bit is a little offensive considering I just had a relative die from cancer. :manmad:

{edit for TOS violation}

0 Likes
Re: It's August 18th and Andoid 2.2 update soon?
donaldm823
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey-I bought Incredible for the Incredible not a future Android 2.2 update.  How about we all settle down and allow VZ to test 2.2 and then implement when fully ready.  I for one would be more '**bleep**' if I updated 2.2 and my cell stop working because we abreviated the testing.  The Androis system is still way better than Apple!!

0 Likes
tim600sl
Contributor - Level 3

AZSALUKI wrote:

they aren't sitting around laughing at us while they (employees) are just playing with froyo. that's absurd. they are rolling out right now to droid users and having issues. if you want it that badly, there are ways to get it. and vzn knows this and doesn't want us going that route so i really doubt they are just hangin out and playin around, causing many people to go the "other route."

If I could give you a 1000000 kudos all at once, I definitely would.  I wanted the update badly because the site that I visit frequently requires flash, so I went the other route! I have been enjoying the Froyo features for over 2 weeks now on my incredible with no regret what-so-ever! Flash works great and the 720 hd recording is just awesome!

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

@tim.....sweet! so no issues "goin the other route"???? i'm about this close to doing that but really wanted to here from some guinea pigs first....lol

0 Likes
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2

AZSALUKI wrote:

@tim.....sweet! so no issues "goin the other route"???? i'm about this close to doing that but really wanted to here from some guinea pigs first....lol

The problem with going "the other route", is that you don't get future updates. Your phone kinda falls off the VZW radar screen. At least that was the case when I installed 2.1 "the other way" on my wife's Eris.
0 Likes
meyerrj

I just wish Verizon would be proactive and denounced any rumors publicly. They could certainly save themselves a lot of money and time by being proactive and transparent, instead of letting these rumors flame up for a week, resulting in hundreds/thousands of calls from customers with high hopes.

The only "official" statements appear to have been from a Twitter account, http://twitter.com/VZWSUPPORT

You'd think they could at least put a sticky post on the top of the device forums for news updates. Or even some simple news blog regarding Droid updates where they can quickly debunk these rumors.

Oh well, who am I kidding.

0 Likes
tim600sl
Contributor - Level 3

AZSALUKI wrote:

Absolutely no problems here! Although I do want to get the original update but I guess this is a temporary solution for now.  Just whenever the update comes out, undo "the other route" and you will get the update.

0 Likes