Re: It's August 16th and we have yet to see Android OS 2.2 (Froyo).
AZSALUKI
Legend

droid users began getting it yesterday.......the other thing that started yesterday? complaints about their devices not working.

0 Likes
Nismo6921

Good Morning Everyone,

I'd like to welcome you to August 18th 2010, the day Verizon will once again dissapoint a lot of their customers. To those who said I may have spoke too soon about my assumption of how much Verizon actually cares about their customers, I want you to notice how obvious it is that Verizon is still witholding Android OS 2.2 (Froyo) over our heads like a jocky would would use a carrot to get a horse to keep on walking forward. We are blindly believing and hoping that every rumor we hear is true, while Verizon employess (wether they have Froyo or not) are sitting back and laughin at us. We should not take this so lightly, we should act in the manor as I have mentioned previously. The only way to get through to these people is to unite our efforts and peirce through their front lines head-on (I know you like that war-tactic referrence) but seriously the best way to do that is to compose letters and send them off, or send emails to them, or call them and call them frequently - post here, post on their facebook, post on their twitter. Make our demands heard, we know Froyo is ready look how many devices and other cellphone carriers are already using it. HTC is probably wondering why Verizon is taking so long to release this update as well, I assume this because they have already released the source code for the Froyo update on their website - some people say thats like a direct slap in the face to Verizon, I tend to disagree thats not slap thats a freaking WAKE UP CALL!!! And I don't know if you notice but Verizon still has yet to confirm the date themselves all "supposed ligitimate" confirmations have been by thrid party sources or by employess of Verizon that say the outlook on testing progress look good...OK! Well if thats the case then release it. Trust me if there are issues your devoted customer will be more than happy to let you know whats not working properly so you can get it fixed in a timely fashion. Truth is isolated phone testing will not narrow down all possibilities for errors, due to the fact real time everyday life testing (which can only be done by collecting infomation from customer) is not possible, giving out the update and letting the users find out all the bugs (if any come up) is the best form of testing for any new software. But whatever so it's the 18th they are saying Verizon has got it now and are testing which means they are gonna sit on it for a while, and by the way the lastest rumor is a rollout over OTA should be available by this weekend, buy ya for the love of God don't hold your breath cause you will die.

kthxbai!

0 Likes
smoknjo

{please keep your posts courteous}

btw - I have been a very happy owner of the D INC since I placed my pre-order on DAY 1

{please keep your posts courteous}

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

you're only disappointed if you actually thought you'd have froyo by now. i'm not disappointed. i chose a device based on what i thought was the best for me and what was available at that time.....not for the potential it had or for possible future updates. to me, the updates are just a bonus or enhancement. if i had to have froyo, i would've waited for a device that came with it.

0 Likes
FramCire

I am disappointed because there are fixes rolled into this update that I NEED!

HOWEVER, how can people blame Verizon for not meeting dates THEY NEVER SET!   They never promised August 18th or any date in August!

Also, Droid and Evo have had issues with their updates.  Would you rather get a buggy update or a closer to perfect one?  If you want a buggy one, enjoy... not me!

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

fram...i understand those of you who need it for the fixes. however, if the device doesn't work properly, why not just make vzn replace it? the only reason i mention this is because peeps started speculating in june about when we'd get froyo. it is now august and i suspect it will be AT LEAST september before inc users get froyo. i would make vzn replace my device now if it wasn't working properly......rather than wait until who knows when, for the update. they started rolling out to droid users over 2 weeks ago. they immediately had to stop (had issues....who coulda known?...lol). they then started again 2 days ago and it appears that maybe half of the droid users actually already have it? i can't imagine they would start rolling it out to inc users until thay have completed the droid ota update?

0 Likes
Nismo6921
Ahem FramCire sir or maddam whichever it may be, if you will notice in my rant above I mentioned that Verizon has never set a release date themselves and we have just been believing rumors. So I'm not blaming Verizon for not keeping true to a release date (since like you said) none exists. I'm rather disappointed in the fact that the update is READY and they have not yet released it because the Verizon employees wanted to play with it before anyone else did. That is all.
0 Likes
barbshop
Enthusiast - Level 3

{please keep your posts courteous} We're not talking about a cure for cancer here.  We've got an "incredible" phone (pardon the bad pun), and it's going to get better.  I'm looking forward to the update as well, but I can't imagine my life ever being so empty that I'd lie awake at night desperately waiting for a software update to a cell phone.  I've got camcorders, and hd recorders, and cameras, and computers, and so I've got plenty of tech gadgets to keep me busy.  So sit back, enjoy the phone, and one day sure enough you'll get your wish, and a night's sleep.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

they aren't sitting around laughing at us while they (employees) are just playing with froyo. that's absurd. they are rolling out right now to droid users and having issues. if you want it that badly, there are ways to get it. and vzn knows this and doesn't want us going that route so i really doubt they are just hangin out and playin around, causing many people to go the "other route."

0 Likes
Sborden
Enthusiast - Level 3

As For Froyo, would i like to have it sure, if it helps, do i need it no.

My problem with VZ and the uselessness of them, is they had fixes for phone issues, started to roll it out and then stopped, that right there is a bunch of crap!.  Roll out the fixes so i can actually hear the persons on my conversations. 

The complete lack ofr respect Verizon has for its customers is absolutely amazing.  They could care less about customer service and are actually getting to be worse than ATT.  Honestly i didnt think anyone could get worse but Verizon is proving me wrong.

So to Verizon, RELEASE THE FIXES ALREADY!@, finish testing or whatever it is your are dragging your feet on for Froyo, i dont care, JUST FIX THE #$%$@#%$#^%$^ problem!

0 Likes