Issue with the Home Button
MastaCoz
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's really bugging me.  Everytime I press the house button, it just changes the screen...it doesn't take me home!!  

HELP!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Issue with the Home Button
MastaCoz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just finished, it looks like everything synced in correctly.  I also had Lookout installed and it resynced my contacts that I saved as well, so it works, and so does the home button!  YAY!

BTW, MUCH faster than it was before!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ambreezy
Contributor - Level 3

Hello MastaCoz. I have read your post and understand your home button is not taking you to the proper place on your device. What you can do on your device is to pull the battery out for about 20 seconds then power back on. Once powered back on, dial *228 press send and select option 1 to re-program. This should fix the issue you are experiencing with your device. 

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend
Have u tried clicking your heels together and saying "there's no place like home"???
0 Likes
MastaCoz
Enthusiast - Level 3

AZSALUKI wrote:
Have u tried clicking your heels together and saying "there's no place like home"???

Well, I thought about that, but i think wearing red glittery heels would question what I should really do in life.

The reprogramming method...I would lose everything that I have on the phone before right?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

MastaCoz wrote:

AZSALUKI wrote:

Well, I thought about that, but i think wearing red glittery heels would question what I should really do in life.

The reprogramming method...I would lose everything that I have on the phone before right?

Yes a master reset does delete anything you may have added to the device...pix, apps, documents, contacts. But you can either move the pix, docs and some apps to the SD Card or your computer. As for contacts just make sure they are synced to Verizon Backup Assistant. As for apps there is an app that can retain all your apps for easy retrieval. (But I forget the name) AppBrain sticks in my head, but I am not positive.

When you hit the home key, what screen does it take you to???

0 Likes
MastaCoz
Enthusiast - Level 3

budone wrote:

MastaCoz wrote:

AZSALUKI wrote:

Yes a master reset does delete anything you may have added to the device...pix, apps, documents, contacts. But you can either move the pix, docs and some apps to the SD Card or your computer. As for contacts just make sure they are synced to Verizon Backup Assistant. As for apps there is an app that can retain all your apps for easy retrieval. (But I forget the name) AppBrain sticks in my head, but I am not positive.

When you hit the home key, what screen does it take you to???

It seems when I press the home button, it exits the application i'm in, but it goes into the multi screen view, then I had to press the middle screen to go home.  It's really more of a nusience than an issue.

If I decide on the master reset, is that the same as clearing out the phone, and reinstalling straight from scratch with the new version?  I heard that usually speeds up the phone as well right?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I wondered if you were sent to the multi screen. Just hit the home key again and see if it takes you home.

As for the master reset, you are exactly right. I had to do a reset for other reasons after 2.2 loaded and as much as I did not want to, it really was a blessing to do so. The phone since then has been flawless.

Only concern I would have is if you have an Alltel plan. Myself and three others from the boards who all have Alltel plans, for some reason when we called *228 to reactivate the phone after the reset, nothing set up correctly.

0 Likes
MastaCoz
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm gonna try that and get back to you, hopefully all my contacts and information is still left retained :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Check online at your MyVerizon account to insure all your contacts are in the Backup Assistant program before you take the plunge.

There have been posts stating Backup Assistant is not working. So you may want to make a minor change to a contact online, and then sync and see if the change occurs. It has been working for me, but for others it has not.

UPDATE I just tried an update and the system states it synced, but it did not occur.

0 Likes
MastaCoz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just finished, it looks like everything synced in correctly.  I also had Lookout installed and it resynced my contacts that I saved as well, so it works, and so does the home button!  YAY!

BTW, MUCH faster than it was before!

0 Likes