Highlighted

Re: Is voiding waranty from cracked screen even legal?

rall_g4
Novice

Barring the top five "posters" of course.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Is voiding waranty from cracked screen even legal?

reallyniceguy
Novice

Ive seen threads all over the internet on how motorola phones crack. I have been lucky because i drop mine all the time and im good. I can see why they wouldnt cover it as they think is because we drop the phone but I would still give the OP the benefot of the doubt. I would call motorola and ask them. Verizon cant control it its the manufacturer.

Highlighted

Re: Is voiding waranty from cracked screen even legal?

Tidbits
Sr. Leader

I honestly think maybe 2% of the people complaining and the other 98% want to upgrade to a newer device and keep their plans.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Is voiding waranty from cracked screen even legal?

Lasko189
Member

That is not the correct warranty and does not apply to Motorola cell phones.  Try reading this onehttp://www.manualowl.com/m/Motorola/DROID-3/Manual/216956

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Is voiding waranty from cracked screen even legal?

Lasko189
Member

Well I spoke with a Motorola rep on the phone and Motorola has agreed to evaluate the phone to determine the cause of the problem. If the problem is determined to be caused by the cracked screen they will return it to me and I will use my Asurion insurance to replace the phone. If the problem is NOT related to the screen they will either fix the phone and return it with screen still cracked or if unable to repair they will send me a replacement. To me this is a fair compromise, albeit inconvenient for me as will take 5-7 business days once they receive the phone to make a determination.

This just goes to prove that Motorola DOES NOT automatically void warranties because of superficial or cosmetic damage. And no where in there warranty does it say otherwise. I will let everyone know the final outcome.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Is voiding waranty from cracked screen even legal?

Tidbits
Sr. Leader

That what I said... They are doing the investigation for you... I will tell you now. If the solder is snapped your warranty is voided as they would know it was cause by blunt force.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Is voiding waranty from cracked screen even legal?

Lasko189
Member

If that is there determination after examining the phone then that is acceptable. I just wanted them to actually determine the problem with the phone instead of just taking the easy way out and blaming it on the screen. Now if they try to give me some lame excuse that is unable to be proved and still refuse to fix it well that is another story, ill cross that bridge when I come to it.

And just to be clear I'm not just some asshole wanting to get something for free, I told the Motorola rep if they could fix my phone without replacing the screen then that is perfectly acceptable. And I never once asked for an upgrade to a newer or better phone. I just want a working phone doesn't matter to me if the screen is cracked. If the screen becomes a problem in the future ill use my insurance to fix it.

0 Likes

Re: Is voiding waranty from cracked screen even legal?

Dude Verizon associates are psychic..they use a magic 8 ball to detect if a phone has been dropped. They also have a wheel of excuses that they use for customer service issues that has 30 standard responses on why they will not give a customer a resolution all 30 of which have been vetted by their legal department. When you call you can hear agents spinning the wheel in the back ground to get their response...another disgruntled customer.

Highlighted

Re: Is voiding waranty from cracked screen even legal?

rall_g4
Novice

I'm starting to get some vibes that you might not like Verizon.

Highlighted

Re: Is voiding waranty from cracked screen even legal?

Sorry, I should have held up my sarcasm sign..yes I hate Verizon with a vengence. I waste a little time every day posting about their shady business practices and no I don't work for another company. I just had the poor judgement to sign a contract with Verizon.

0 Likes