Is upgrading to the Incredible worth it?
glocker
Enthusiast - Level 3

Right now I have the Moto Droid, can the HTC Incredible offer me a better Android experience?  The hardware looks better.  But, my concern is that since HTC included there Sence UI and Android 2.2 is need for Flash support, will there be a long delay in updating the OS to 2.2.  I'm just concerned after noticing all of the Android phones running HTC Sence or Moto Blur are still under 1.5 or 1.6.

0 Likes
Re: Is upgrading to the Incredible worth it?
shipwrestler125
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well google is  supposed to be working on getting all android devices on the same android 2.2 for example but there may be long waits depending on how long it takes to make the update for sense, although from what ive been reading about 2.2 it wont be that much different than 2.1 so for me it would be worth it i can wait a little longer for an update since its already at 2.1

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

I don't think you'll need 2.2 for Flash. Adobe is letting people sign-up for beta testing and I saw somewhere where it said 2.0 was the requirement. Its going to end up being a Market download like Google Maps, Verizon VM, etc.

No clue how it gets embedded in the Browsers though...

0 Likes
jayjay1122
Enthusiast - Level 3

kenyu73 wrote:

I don't think you'll need 2.2 for Flash. Adobe is letting people sign-up for beta testing and I saw somewhere where it said 2.0 was the requirement. Its going to end up being a Market download like Google Maps, Verizon VM, etc.

No clue how it gets embedded in the Browsers though...

+1

I could see a "browser update" being the missing piece of the puzzle!

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

A better Android experience ultimately would be getting the Nexus One. Verizon is holding that device up

0 Likes
gpa111

Personally I would wait, save your update for a 4g phone, or something newer that comes out. If you are used to the quirks of your Droid, the crappy keyboard, and its shape. Id stick it out for a next generation phone. An oracle told me that cell phone tech is going to be improving exponentially fast.... :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

gpa111 wrote:

Personally I would wait, save your update for a 4g phone, or something newer that comes out. If you are used to the quirks of your Droid, the crappy keyboard, and its shape. Id stick it out for a next generation phone. An oracle told me that cell phone tech is going to be improving exponentially fast.... :smileyhappy:

There's always going to be a better phone down the road. Is this you by chance?? :smileytongue:

1058i4F80CE2B9A072D62

* I'm waiting for 4G before I upgrade!!

All in good fun brother!

0 Likes