Is there a choice of keyboard style/color on the Droid Ultra?
jaums
Enthusiast - Level 3

Previous droid had several keyboards to choose from.

Re: Is there a choice of keyboard style/color on the Droid Ultra?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What are your options under the Settings > language and input?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I have a Droid Maxx which is similar to your Ultra and to my acknowledgement there is only one mine has a Black background with grey Keys)  Now there are keyboards that is in the PlayStore that has more options and the Google keyboard that is in the P.S. might have that as well)  but with 3rd keyboards they can tend to have stability issues so I would make sure that if you Download one see that it is compatible with your phone... Good Luck hope this Helps.. b

0 Likes
jaums
Enthusiast - Level 3

Settings > Language and input has only the Google Keyboard, with some options, but nothing about changing the color/layout of the keyboard.  I find the ability to hold a letter key down to get a # handy, but the alternate characters are very small and hard to read.  I also liked a keyboard I found among the choices on my previous android phone with arrows at the bottom to move the cursor and the numbers in a 'pad' rather than stretched across a horizontal row--just little personal preferences that makes inputting seem easier.  Thanks for your reply!

0 Likes
jaums
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for your reply.  I was considering looking for an app with keyboard choices, but I did that on a previous android phone and experienced just the issues you mention and ended up going back to what was available on the phone.  After some time and updates, additional keyboards were available without an app & I found the one I described above.  With this Ultra having so many new features and capabilities than my previous phones, I figured (hoped) there were more keyboards there someplace that I just couldn't find.  I guess 'llI stay with this one for a while & see if I can get used to it before going the app route.  In the meantime, maybe Google will come up with choices.  Or someone will recommend an app they have tried on the Ultra with no issues.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hey your Welcome.. Right now I'm with the one that came with it and I have yet to install K.Kat on it even though it begs me with the notification every hour on the Hour but one thing I really Love to do on this phone is Playing Madden25 the Graphics and Game Play are great.. To find out more on Madden if you have interest in the Game Send me a Direct Message or find my post on Madden25 in the Forums off-topic lounge by B33

0 Likes
Not applicable

I can recommend Swiftkey.  I think I got a free trial, then paid $3 or $4 for the App on my GS3.   I know other users who use it on Droid and love it.

Best predictive text ever.  It learns my commonly used words and names so I don't have to fix auto correct all the time.  A few color and size options (for big fingers ) and that my aging eyes handle well even without reading glasses on.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The previous phone might have had Swipe keyboard on it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yea that's a Good one to go with I've used it before.. b

0 Likes
jaums
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think I tried Swiftkey on one of my previous phones and on that phone it had some quirks, so I stopped using it.  May give it a try on this phone.  Thanks!

0 Likes