Is the 3G network down?
SnellvilleSpur

I cannot download apps, pull up my web browser or have any internet connectivity of any kind. To my knowledge I haven't changed any settings on my phone. Is this a network issue or is the problem on my end?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is the 3G network down?
LoydroidX
Contributor - Level 3

SnellvilleSpur wrote:

I cannot download apps, pull up my web browser or have any internet connectivity of any kind. To my knowledge I haven't changed any settings on my phone. Is this a network issue or is the problem on my end?

I occasionally have the 'broken' connection problem - okay...maybe once a day.  Annoying, but with advice I got on this forum, I downloaded an app called "Restart Connections".  I can be back 'online' in less than a minute.   (What I've heard from some Verizon people in this area is that the connection may have issues due to the 4G upgrade apparently going on in this area...who knows?)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SnellvilleSpur

Never mind. I think the problem was when I booted the device, I was not in an area that had good reception. I simply rebooted and voila, it now works.

0 Likes
PFM
Enthusiast - Level 3

You still may want to update the preferred roaming list (PRL) on your phone - *228 / Opt 2.

0 Likes
SnellvilleSpur

Consider it done. Thanks!

0 Likes
LoydroidX
Contributor - Level 3

SnellvilleSpur wrote:

I occasionally have the 'broken' connection problem - okay...maybe once a day.  Annoying, but with advice I got on this forum, I downloaded an app called "Restart Connections".  I can be back 'online' in less than a minute.   (What I've heard from some Verizon people in this area is that the connection may have issues due to the 4G upgrade apparently going on in this area...who knows?)

0 Likes
SnellvilleSpur

Cool, I'll download that app. Thanks for the heads up.

0 Likes