Is it possible to track a stolen SD card?
jana3500
Enthusiast - Level 2

My SD card was recently stolen out of my phone.  I think my 20 yr old step-son took it but of course he is denying it.  Is there a way to track it to see what phone it has been inserted into?  All of my photos are on it.  I'm just heart-broken over this.  I appreciate any help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is it possible to track a stolen SD card?
rcschnoor
Legend

No but for future reference, you can have your phone set up to automatically upload any photos taken with your phone to an online site only accessible by you, or select friends if you choose to give them access. Most have a generous amount of storage, enough to hold thousands of photos. If you are afraid you will use all of your data allowance, you can have it set to only upload when you are connected via wifi.

Some examples of these sites would include but are not limited to dropbox, box, google drive, etc...

This way, you won't be in such a bind if you lose your SD card again and/or it fails.Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

rcschnoor
Legend

No.

0 Likes
jana3500
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had a feeling that would be the answer.  Thanks for responding!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

No but for future reference, you can have your phone set up to automatically upload any photos taken with your phone to an online site only accessible by you, or select friends if you choose to give them access. Most have a generous amount of storage, enough to hold thousands of photos. If you are afraid you will use all of your data allowance, you can have it set to only upload when you are connected via wifi.

Some examples of these sites would include but are not limited to dropbox, box, google drive, etc...

This way, you won't be in such a bind if you lose your SD card again and/or it fails.Smiley Happy

jana3500
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks I will definitely do something different in the future.