Is it possible to delete email messages from my phone only and leave on the server?
ChristianZ

This is something that my Blackberry was very good at but my Droid Incredible doesn't seem to want to allow it and no searches online have turned up any actually helpful information. I need this feature because I don't want e-mails piling up on my phone that I don't mind being on the e-mail's server still. For instance, sometimes I see an e-mail on my phone and want to delete it from the phone only but still read it again (or more in-depth) and respond to it later when I get to my desktop.

0 Likes
Re: Is it possible to delete email messages from my phone only and leave on the server?
bejay

ChristianZ,

Here is how:

Go to Mail>menu>more>settings>send and receive>delete mail on server>OFF!

0 Likes
Re: Is it possible to delete email messages from my phone only and leave on the server?
ChristianZ

If that actually worked it would be truly wonderful. Here's what happens on my phone:

1. I can go to Mail > Menu
  2. In Menu there is no More option (actual available options are Search, Refresh, Folder, Sort, Filters, View tag, New Account, Settings)
  3. However there is a Settings option
  4. However, within Settings there is no Send and Receive option (actual available options are Account settings, General settings, Receive Settings, Notification settings, Delete account)
  5. Hence there is no Delete Mail on Server option
  6. Receive Settings also does not contain anything like a Delete Mail on Server option

And, yes, I've looked many times and in many other ways to drill down to a Delete Mail on Server or Leave Mail on Server option.

0 Likes
bejay
0 Likes