Re: Is everyone going to get the 2.2 update?
HipHopTechie

Stevesintn wrote:

I got mine, yet my wife did not get the update??? That is wierd...

That's what makes it random. :smileysurprised:

0 Likes
Firebrand
If it is random how can Verizon ensure everyone is going to get it?
0 Likes
Not applicable
It's probably not random, but not alphabetical by last name.
0 Likes
HipHopTechie

Firebrand wrote:
If it is random how can Verizon ensure everyone is going to get it?

They still have a list of all Droid owners and would mark off each owner that has been updated until they are all done. That would make sense even if the process wasn't random.

0 Likes
Firebrand
I'm seeing many more instances of people not getting the update than those that have. With only a few days left hopefully the update will get pushed out more frequently to those of us still waiting for it.
0 Likes
nrhudson

received my update today.  Wisconsin user.  No Flash install though. Still waiting for the flash component update to come down to the phone.  very confusing when all media information states that froyo includes support for flash and when it installed, there was not flash.  when you go to adobe flash site to install, note states that vendor update for flash will be provided by vendor.  no flash on marketplace.  no update notification on flash to be installed on phone.  anyone heard how soon flash comes out after froyo update?

0 Likes
gabrielpina4
Enthusiast - Level 3

{edited for privacy} I still don't have mine and from what I've read in sum sites and forums 90 percent of people out there still don't have it I doubt were getting n its already close to 18 only 3 more days n only 10percent of people out there have it n others just installed it directly! People it not coming trust me this is all just marketing to make u get there phones

0 Likes
knitcub

You know gabrielpina4 you know first of all I would like to know on what website this alleged information came from because you have typed this same info on every discussion about froyo.  To me it sounds more like you are a person from AT&T, Apple, Sprint or T-Mobile trying to get people riled up.  Froyo does exist on the Verizon network as it is already on the Droid2 so you can't just sit there and say it is totally a marketing scam to get people to buy a phone because that would be illegal.  It falls under bait a switch.  You know I don't make a lot of comments of the forum most of the time I think the forum is people blowing off steam when they get aggravated and I look for the replies by Verizon to answer the questions that I probably am thinking myself.  However when I see someone from another company trying to pass themselves off as a loyal Verizon customer to cause problems well I have to at least say my piece.  So as Truman would say "If I don't see you, Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening, and Good Night."

0 Likes
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

nrhudson wrote:

received my update today.  Wisconsin user.  No Flash install though. Still waiting for the flash component update to come down to the phone.  very confusing when all media information states that froyo includes support for flash and when it installed, there was not flash.  when you go to adobe flash site to install, note states that vendor update for flash will be provided by vendor.  no flash on marketplace.  no update notification on flash to be installed on phone.  anyone heard how soon flash comes out after froyo update?

Last I heard, Adobe will be releasing Flash 10.1 for Android to the Market on August 18th, so it should be available to download next week.

0 Likes
knitcub

well you have to remember if it truly random you would only see a small section of the millions of people that have the Droid.  Personally I think the way they are going about this is **bleep** but I guess they thought this way no one could say they were playing favorites really what they should have done is randomized accounts that way everyone on the same account that has a droid would get the update at the same time.  But hey what do I know I've just been in customer service for 20 years.  They also could had the system randomly pic phones within each zone every so many minutes.  You can't really tell me that the servers in one zone can't handle it.  Or have set it up where you could have waited for the OTA set up a way to download to your computer, then to the phone.  What usually happens though is some college graduate who has never worked with the general public in his life, who knows really nothing about computers or the technology that cell phones run on (case in point the woman who said the Droid doesn't have the hardware to tether when even the LG DARE could and it wasn't a smart phone)  make these choices on how they think their customers will want to get the download and what would be the fairest way to do it.  

0 Likes