Is DROID 1 getting second Froyo update with Flash?
Funtoosh

Hi,

I read through some forums that mentioned that Droid is going to get second ota update with flash. Is this for real?

0 Likes
Re: Is DROID 1 getting second Froyo update with Flash?
Wharfrat

My daughter got it over the weekend on her Hem-Droid 1.  I didn't and ended up talking to some customer service chucklehead on the phone to try and get an idea if I'll get it before my grandkids (which I have none as of yet) do.  What a joke.  I'm an app developer that came over from Apple-land.  I thought Android had promise and decided to contribute there.  Not happening.  I'm going to take the painful leap of an early-out on the contract and go BACK to St. Steve's paradise and spend the rest of my days making disparaging remarks about Droid and how bad Verizon blows.  One tells twenty...that twenty tells twenty...that twenty tells twenty.  The developer communities can make or break sorry **bleep** companies.  And yes, I could have done a manual install from source...didn't think it should come to that.  If regular users can't get it the easy way, it's crap.  Rant over.

0 Likes
JerryHam

I've read the same (engadget) article that you did. It SAYS that it was confirmed by Verizon, but I sure haven't been able to find anything that really makes it sound confirmed to me. The official links still show the FRG01B update. Perhaps when the rollout of FRG01B is complete they may update those, but at this point I wouldn't say this was actually "confirmed".

0 Likes
Funtoosh

Exactly. I couldn't find any "verification" either. I wish one of the Verizon moderator can comment on authenticity of these reports.

0 Likes
mellze

According to my OTA last night the enhancements to support beta version of flash 10.1 was automatically added.  I've seen tons of sites where they give instructions on how to actually download it on your phone and sites that say a second update will come out late summer.  So hopefully someone out there has a confirmed answer.  It's extremely difficult to get any answers in regards to this.

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
If you use the search button here you would see the answer from a Verizon employee.... a second update will be released for bugs and flash support. Flash has not been released out of beta by Adobe.

@wharfrat... if you have that attitude then take your crappy apps over to that childish OS.. atleast verizon gives its updates ota... you have to hook up your iPhone and that takes a while for their updates.
Google has released app tools that make it so that children can develop apps... I'm sorry if you are a bit behind times.
0 Likes