Incredible issues with ringtones
jessy102386

Im having issues with my incredible not ringing until it is to late to answer. It will ring once and then its over, same with text messaging sometimes it wont ring at all. I have talked to tech support and I've done everything that they have told me and it worked for a few days and now its back to what it was doing before. I've never had an issue with any of my phone from Verizon except for this one. The phone I had before was the Motorola droid and I loved it. Please help because I do love this phone just hate the issues.

0 Likes
Re: Incredible issues with ringtones
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
What did tech tell you to do? Curious..
0 Likes
sHaY_j
Contributor - Level 3

There's an app by the name of RingDroid within the Android Market. It creates a directory on your sd card labeled media\audio\ringtones "or also notifications". Any music or sound file you drop into that directory will be seen by the phone as "available for use". Hope this helps!

0 Likes
TLBauer3617
Contributor - Level 1

jessy102386 wrote:

Im having issues with my incredible not ringing until it is to late to answer. It will ring once and then its over, same with text messaging sometimes it wont ring at all. I have talked to tech support and I've done everything that they have told me and it worked for a few days and now its back to what it was doing before. I've never had an issue with any of my phone from Verizon except for this one. The phone I had before was the Motorola droid and I loved it. Please help because I do love this phone just hate the issues.

I am having the same issue.  Occasionally, my daughter will call me.  The phone rings one time (but she says it rang several and then went to voice mail).

0 Likes
elmariachi
Enthusiast - Level 3

There are options for 'ring once' I believe in the phone somewhere. There's also an issue with when the call gets... picked up by the phone. It is very possible that the phone isn't actually receiving the call until a few rings in from the caller's point of view.

0 Likes
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2
Try going to settings ->sound and display -> and make sure the box isn't checked that says "quiet ring on pickup" and see if that helps.
0 Likes
pimpintang11

Some times when my phone is laying on it's face it will do this because the phone will actually silence the call its self. Because of the sensors on the front of the phone pointing down.

0 Likes
magnum55

I have the exact same issue. HTC and Verizon tech support have not been helpful at all. I've even replaced the phone once but the 1-2 second ring still happens. "Quiet ring on pickup is turned off" and I'm using a stock ringtone. I've missed many a call because of this issue and would love to find a resolution. I've tried a factory reset and battery pull but that didn't fix the problem. To be clear, the abbreviated ring happens between 30 and 50 percent of the time. This would be a great phone if not for this very annoying bug. Any suggestions that might work? Thanks.

0 Likes
TLBauer3617
Contributor - Level 1

pimpintang11 wrote:

Some times when my phone is laying on it's face it will do this because the phone will actually silence the call its self. Because of the sensors on the front of the phone pointing down.

I had not thought of this.  I lay my phone on my desk when I get home, but it is still in its holster; so, I have never thought to look to make sure that the screen is not facing down.  I'll have to be more careful when laying the phone down.  

Now that I recall, this has happened only when the phone has been laying on my desk.  I've never had the problem when the phone is in the holster or laying on its back at the office.

0 Likes
jsprake1

Also anything like a ringtones,picture for contact or wallpaper will have a chance to mess up because of the extra time it takes to go to the sd card .maybe try internal storage for call related media. this was true for feature phones as well.

0 Likes