Incredible can't receive texts
slate

So my phone can send texts, but can't receive them.  According to my phone, I'm running the latest software, and I also tried the hotfix suggested on the forums for folks with the same issue, but that didn't work either.  I've also tried powering the phone down, removing the battery, and then restarting after a few minutes--no luck.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Incredible can't receive texts
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you reprogrammed the phone? Dial *228, option 1.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AlesiaLW

I too cannot receive any text.... I did the *228, option and still no text.....  anymore suggestions

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from another phone and ask them to reset your text feature on their side. Once they have done that, they will usually send a text message to test that it works properly.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ericpwork

I found this hotfix from HTC on an Android fan site.  Worked for me.

<Link deleted for unauthorized programs per the .>

Make sure you can run 3rd party apps.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
jvsmagic

They pushed out another update that basically trashes the phone.  And then they tell you to buy a new phone, and take the new data plan.  It's an unfair practice and I've complained to the FCC, the FTC and the New York State Attorney General's office.  I encourage all other users to do the same.  It's quick and easy to file an online complaint.  I'm also going to look into a small claims court action, but hoping a class action can be instigated since I expect it would be meritorious.

Come on, Verizon Wireless, you should at least let us buy a new phone for the discounted price, without requiring a new plan (an option that was available through the end of June).

0 Likes
mj7262010

Mine just started doing the same thing yesterday. Nothing has helped. 😕

0 Likes