Incredible Shutting Down
bruski
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got my incredible the day it was released and have been using it problem free. The day it arrived  I bought a two piece belt holder from my local Verizon store and have also been using it all week. This morning I received the update, which loaded no problem. After mowing my yard, I went to power up the phone and NADA...won't boot, so I pull the battery and re-install and it boots and runs...for about 30 seconds. I re-do this at least a dozen times, all with varying amounts of power up time (between 10 seconds and 8 or 9 minutes. I did a  *228  but it didn't help. Then I call VWZ help and talk to George ( a nice guy BTW). He tells me there is  a known problem in my area (South East) with random re-boots and they are working on a fix. So now I'm holding a dead phone w/o a fix? As we are talking (maybe 10 minutes), I  pull the battery and re-boot 2 or 3 times.  Then, as the phone is running, I slide on the phone section of the holster and BAM - dead phone. I repeat this 3 times with George on the phone...same results. I'm starting to think I have a bad battery connection or something. George suggests I keep the phone on charge for a couple of hours and he'll check back with me. BTW, the battery IS fully charged - which I did tell George. I'm really not trying to get frustrated here. Anyone else have this issue?? I really don't want the coolest brick.

0 Likes
Re: Incredible Shutting Down
bruski
Enthusiast - Level 2

UPDATE -  I took out the battery and cleaned the contacts and carefully made sure I re-intstalled it securely. The phone hasn't re-booted or died (yet) even after re-installing the holder. Still going after an hour or so.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed......

0 Likes
bruski
Enthusiast - Level 2

ANOTHER UPDATE -  The phone was working  until I was in the car talking to a co-worker. It died again and wouldn't boot. Fortunately I was almost directly in front of a Verizon store ( no Tech dept) The people there were actually NICE and seemed to want to help. They were  a bit knowledgeable, and discovered that the only way to consistently get my phone to boot was to plug in the charger and wiggle it. The charging light didn't always come on. Once you got the light on, you could boot up. The good news is they agreed to replace the phone. The bad news is there are no phones available yet! I guess I have to get my **bleep** Centro back out for a while. Anyone else having this issue, or am I the only one?? They told me that mine is the first problem they have seen, of any kind.

0 Likes
Iceman1906
Contributor - Level 1

I have not heard of any other issues regarding the charger plug. It's possible some of the contacts in the charger port are loose and don't connect until you wiggle it. Im glad you posted your concern. Hopefully if anyone else is having this same problem they will come out.

0 Likes
tellyson

OH. MAN. I am having the same issue! It is unbelievable. I can't do anything wth this phone without it powering down. The only way to get it back is to pull the battery. everyone seems to be talking about the rebooting loops it's been doing but VZW doesn't and has NO response or help? at least for me...it's been a nightmare trying to get help from them. at this point I am returning the phone, getting my money back, and going to a stable device like the iphone.

I have tried every single thing you have...i'm also having less consistency with the charger. most of the time it won't boot at all. All you have to do is tap the back lightly with your finger and boom. SHUT DOWN. {please keep your posts courteous} piece. now i can't even hold it in my hand and it powers down. Seems a lot more than any kind of software update that they can provide...

0 Likes
bruski
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, my phone does the same thing - a little tap on the back, towards the bottom half, and down it goes. If I don't touch it at all, it still dies after awhile. If its plugged in, it doesn't always die, so I really think the micro USB port is the culprit.  Pulling the battery and re-installing no longer does anything. I've had VZW reactivate my Centro until I can get the new phone (about a week). Boy, my iPhone using friends are having a field day with this......

0 Likes
tellyson

yeah man...same here...problem is, i don't want another one if someone like yourself is having the same issue. it's not an isolated incident. after 10years, it might be time to move away from VZW. they haven't helped me at all on this one. good luck.

0 Likes