Re: Incredible OTA Update 720p, Hotspot, Boot Animation
Campuscop2003

Heres the first email:

Good Afternoon Daniel,

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our website. My name is Sheree, and I am happy to assist you regarding losing signal strength on your Incredible activated on 05/12/2010. I recognize the importance of having a device that works properly to contact friends and family at any given time. I will be happy to assist you today.

Daniel, there are quite a few issues going on with the Incredible right now. However, a software update is expected to release on 0716/2010. The update will take up to a week to reach all of the customers. Therefore, the software update may resolve your issue. If for some reason the update does not resolve your issue I will submit a trouble ticket for the issue.

As far as the *228 Send, you only have to perform that update every 90 days. Please contact me at 803-400-4456 ext. 3657. My office hours are Wednesday – Saturday 11am-8pm EST. Outside of my office hours please contact our Technical Support Department at 800-922-0204 option 3.

I would like to thank you for the opportunity to assist you today and appreciate your business. I hope the information that I have provided regarding losing signal strength on your Incredible has been helpful. I want to thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless and we value you as a customer.

Sincerely,
Sheree
Verizon Wireless
Data Technical Support

The second:

Good Day Mr. {edited for privacy},

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our website. My name is John, and I will be assisting you regarding software upgrades for your HTC Incredible. I regret to learn that this has been a problem. I want to ensure that each customer service interaction that you have with me is not only a memorable one, but also a positive one.

The software upgrade for your HTC Incredible will not appear  on your handset immediately. The update will take up to a week to reach all of the customers. We appreciate your patience while the update is being distributed.

It is Verizon Wireless' aim to resolve all of your wireless concerns the first time you contact us. I hope by assisting you with software upgrades for your HTC Incredible I have done that for you today. We appreciate your business and thank you for using Verizon Wireless. Should you have additional questions or feel your concerns are not resolved, please reply to this e-mail.

Sincerely,

John
Verizon Wireless
Customer Service

0 Likes
regulus49

What is the *228 update every 90 days thing??

0 Likes
TexasShiner

Option 1 is to re-program your phone to a different device.

Option 2 is to update the roaming capabilities. Basically, an OTA update that your phone might need.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

The first CSR used the word, "Expected" release date.

As for *228 update only ever 3 months I have no idea. PRL updates come on their own.

0 Likes
Re: Incredible OTA Update 2.2
beesy

I just spoke to the Verizon Tech and he said Google just released the 2.2 update last week but don't look for it to be ready for the public until August or early September....:smileymad:

0 Likes
regulus49

TexasShiner wrote:

Option 1 is to re-program your phone to a different device.

Option 2 is to update the roaming capabilities. Basically, an OTA update that your phone might need.

gotcha , thanks

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

Finding many many articles about the Incredible getting the 720p/Froyo Update....

I never get my hopes up but seeing all the hype it's a little boost in morale around here!

Here is one of many sites that are saying this.

Enjoy!

The day will come soon folks, but if we get it soon over these other platforms then I'll be strutting my phone around again like when it came out the first week!

I'm feeling this phone will be more stable than most others with Froyo anyways.

0 Likes
fredkay111

I'm having the same problem and after Verizon saying they never heard of this they now admit it is a problem on a FEW Incredibles. Poor Signal Strength.

They are sending me a new phone which they made me pay for and will reimburse me when I send old one back. Now I go to the back of the line again waiting for the phone to ship again. I bet the new phone will have the same problem.

HTC Tech Support: 866.449.8358

Wouldn't say when Update will release.

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

I have heard the update trickled out then stopped.  Supposedly We get This update with Froyo by the end of this month beginning of August.  Big question mark on that but that is the current rumor. 

To whoever said Google just released Froyo last week they should check their facts.  Google released Froyo a couple of months ago and made it open in what was it June.   What they may be talking about is HTC may have just released it last week in which case Verizon is testing it. 

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

I have a source...... yeah yeah I know lots say that but its true! Anyways.... I have a source that says the Incredible is getting 2.2 with the 720p etc by the end of this month. He said he played with a demo phone at the store and was disappointed by the performance. I don't care I told him I want it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

0 Likes