Re: Incredible OTA Update 720p, Hotspot, Boot Animation
centurion1965
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

Well I'm not dumb enough to sit here at midnight and check my phone every 5 minutes for an update lol. In fact I'm going to try to ignore it all day today. I have a feeling today is NOT the day as much as I do hope it is. 

If it is the day... i guess the best thing out of this all will be i can close this thread! Yahoo!

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

Anyone get it?

The posting of the source means it has been approved for an update.  Now it is just a matter of waiting till the Droid gets theirs done.  Seems there have been some issues with the Droid Roll out. 

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
Not hearing anything. Nothing good anyways.
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

yes fezzik....there have been "some issues" with the droid ota update. i'm not to anxious about the update because when i got my inc, eris users had just got 2.1 and EVERY OTHER thread on these droid forums were about how messed up everyone's devices were. i'll actually consider not getting the update, waiting a few days, and see how you all like it before i install it. i just REALLY don't want to mess with factory resets, reconfiguring stuff, etc.

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
I see the X just got Froyo leaked lol... that's 2 phones now! Wonder why nobody is getting the updates pushed? Weird..... vzw is looking kind of silly.
0 Likes
centurion1965
Enthusiast - Level 2

What sucks is that there are great apps, lke Fox to Phone, and Chrome To Phone, that require Froyo.

Verizon, give us at least a ballpark month regarding the update.

SO FRUSTRATING.

Can't believe they treat customers like this, who are paying through the nose for service.

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
I'm confused... Moto gives date releases for phones approx updates. We supposed to point the finger at HTC or Verizon?
0 Likes
It can't be HTC holding it up...
Incredibutts

.. the HTC Evo is 2.2 and the Incredible is essentially the same platform. It has to be Verizon's certification process that's slowing this up.

0 Likes
Re: It can't be HTC holding it up...
AZSALUKI
Legend

i figured thay would just wait until the droid was done. well it's done. now maybe we will have to wait until after the X gets it's update??? i point the finger at vzn, not htc, since, like already mentioned, the evo got 2.2. my brother (droid) got his and it REALLY improved the call quality (he had one of the droids that was so bad he had to buy a bluetooth to use it for calls...now it's crystal clear. i couldn't believe the difference). my device works fine so i don't care, but i do feel for those of you who have buggy devices. however, the droid update was not without problems. it doesn't look like many, but you can see a handful of peeps who have glitchy droids now.

0 Likes