Re: Incredible OTA Update 720p, Hotspot, Boot Animation
AZSALUKI
Legend

you wouldn't think it was that big of a deal. i suspect vzn is just working on tweaking some things they'd like to restrict. maybe they are testing it much more heavily?? i know it was a small sample from just some users on this forum....but we saw the issues when they pushed 2.1 to eris users. that actually made me wonder if i really wanted an update...lol

0 Likes
FramCire

What I think was verizon's biggest mistake was putting the original OTA and the froyo OTA and wait to send it together.  Many people are waiting on the original OTA for NEEDED enhancements, while froyo is a nice extra and can wait.

If any VZW employees are reading this, please emplore your supervisors to get some good info out to the customers and/or at least get the original OTA out so people can use their PHONES as phones.

0 Likes
elmariachi
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think it makes a lot more sense to hold off on the Incredible update to integrate it with Froyo than to spam out separate updates.

0 Likes
FramCire

How is it spamming out when the other update fixes call quality issues.  I know there are many people who might return the Incredible if the update doesnt address these problems and thus getting this part out and working might save them some money and customers.

There is a new leaked update dated yesterday, no idea if that is a good thing or not but would love to see it work relatively bugless.

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
I think this update when released won't fix all problems. I don't really know who to point the finger at, HTC or vzw. I do know that this phone lacks not only support but accessories. (compared to other more popular phones)
I refuse to be another Eris owner. If this update makes any aspect of the phone worse ill be phone shopping again.
0 Likes
FramCire

Dubb, is your source a tech support guy at VZW?    One of them told me today it was being released tomorrow.

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
So... the Evo update just went live for real this time. Oh and that phone came out after this one. See the frustration? Dumb....
0 Likes
FramCire

you calling me dumb?   i am serious, a vzw tech told me tomorrow.

0 Likes
thejuggernaut
I don't it will be tomorrow cause just be patient yall think of it as with or with out update u still have a bad **bleep** phone now stop crying
0 Likes
increditim

stop telling people who want their phone to work better to be patient. it's your fault if you're ok with a phone that doesn't have the best features and has call quality and battery life issues that could be fixed with an update. why would anyone get a hight end phone like the incredible and not want it to have the newest features and work like it should?

0 Likes