Incredible OTA Update 720p, Hotspot, Boot Animation
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

Droid eye boot, 3G mobile hotspot, and 720p video recording on it's way apparently!

I've been all over the internet and it seems to be legit.

When? Not sure, but it's supposedly ready to roll.  

I'm so excited this phone is being opened up to it's full potential.

The best like to all the information I found that's cut and dry is here.

The new boot animation video is here. The new boot is not so much a big deal but it's just a little boost in hope. I can't tell for sure if this person Rworded the phone but hey it's fun to watch!

OTA Update soon? Update this thread if you know!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Incredible OTA Update 720p, Hotspot, Boot Animation
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

Due to the possible update to Froyo 2.2 (combination 720p etc) update rumored to roll out soon I am closing this thread. This thread started as a 720p, Hotspot, Boot Animation thread way before it was decided (vzw) to roll them all into one update. This thread evolved into 2.2 talk eventually and became a useful one at that. Problem now is it's not titled correctly, and better/actual 2.2 threads are available. Additionally, (mainly) I do not want this site to be loaded later by users seeking help (post 2.2 update) and gettting totally confused as to what this is all about, or getting wrong information. So I'm solving this thread and it's closed. 

Thank you for the 13544 views and 143 comments!

It was fun and I hope to nail a good thread like this in the future!

GO FROYO! 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

What I have learned is the update was released to HTC employees to test on June 28th, that is supposedly why the phone says HTC and not Verizon.

It supposedly will also fix the garbled voice, Signal issue, and correct the signal icon to show a truer signal strength. And it is not the Froyo update.

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
Ageeed, I don't see Froyo for a month or two.
0 Likes
tr1kst4nce

What exactly is the "froyo update"?  Sorry for the newbie question.

0 Likes
Trisith
0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

tr1kst4nce wrote:

What exactly is the "froyo update"?  Sorry for the newbie question.

FROYO is the newest Android Version.  Currently most phones are using Android 2.1 Eclair.  All of their "major releases" are labeled with a desert name.  FroYo is Android 2.2 it is to be essentially the Spring 2010 release The Fall release is expected to be 3.0 probably to be announced in October made official by November and arriving on phones by Christmas.  On older phones like the incredible and maybe the Droid depending on if the rumors are accurate by probably January or February.   We should get Froyo Android 2.2 my guess is next month give or take a little.  This is the typical HTC tide over update to get you ready for what's coming.  No word but might even increase battery life since that seems to be basically standard on most minor updates these days. 

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
I wonder if they are waiting for the X release before the push this update? What's the hold up?
0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

Froyo was released but wasn't finalized until like last week.  Now that it is finalized the work can begin on mutating it to the Incredible.  Then it has to go through the approval processes.  Then it has to wait in line for the rollout.  Then a trickle test to see if the system works then rollout 200,000 at a time or so until everyone has it.  It may take a minute.  Also I am sure they will be wanting to create a whole new Sense UI based around the new capabilities.  I kind of like Sense but it does slow this process down somewhat and in reality since Stock Android is putting a phone button on the launch bar area and Full flash support available Sense may be little more than bloat ware slowing the phone as much as the process for upgrading.    

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

fezzik wrote:

Froyo was released but wasn't finalized until like last week.  Now that it is finalized the work can begin on mutating it to the Incredible.  Then it has to go through the approval processes.  Then it has to wait in line for the rollout.  Then a trickle test to see if the system works then rollout 200,000 at a time or so until everyone has it.  It may take a minute.  Also I am sure they will be wanting to create a whole new Sense UI based around the new capabilities.  I kind of like Sense but it does slow this process down somewhat and in reality since Stock Android is putting a phone button on the launch bar area and Full flash support available Sense may be little more than bloat ware slowing the phone as much as the process for upgrading.    

From what I am hearing HTC is going to be taking literally until Christmas to update their phones to Froyo.  Now whether that means the last one will get it then or they are working on all of them and will do all of them at once. 

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
Unfortunately this is the bad side to HTC. The sense is slowing everything down. I knew this when getting the phone. That's why I was SO LET DOWN when the nexus didn't make it to vzw. I knew stock Android phones would always be up to date. But hey, its still a good phone, and if not this phone, but the next phone for me will have all this madness fixed. This paragraph will all be a distant memory! Hopefully lol
0 Likes