0 Likes
Re: Incredible OTA Update 720p, Hotspot, Boot Animation
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
Lol nice.... can't wait!
0 Likes
punior10

Like others, I'm really just looking forward to the fixes rather than the system update itself. When I found out after receiving my phone (7-16) that a bug fixes were on the way I was happy, and then I was even more happy to here the fixes were going to e rolled out with a Froyo update. I figured that combination meant a quicker rollout, but week after week that theory has been proven wrong. I'm not really mad about not having received the update yet, it's just the lack of transparency with an official date being presented according to the update. I'd rather be forced to wait week after week knowing that it's coming rather than simply reading rumors and tips that always seem to be incorrect.

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

I agree the rumor stuff is getting a little old. I've become a little numb to the rumor dates passing us by these days. If anything it gets me really fired up as to why we can't get a little expectation month or week. I understand putting a date on things is a little silly. I also understand that time and money could be wasted by pushing out a update that wont work correctly. I still get a little tired of other manufactures giving dates, or months as to an upgrade. This "sometime this year" garbage is way too general of a statement in my book. They should have pushed the minor OTA fixes to these phones first if Froyo was going to take this long.

Also, I believe Froyo WILL help me and my phone use unlike what some of these people say about not seeing much of a difference, and the update is "not as big of a deal as you think". I'm a heavy gamer, downloaded, multitasker on this thing and the performance is so so. I'm tempted to jump to another faster brand if HTC/VZW can't get this update right. I know the phone is capable and that's why I love it. I don't want it to be another junk phone with bad updates.

over and out

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

Due to the possible update to Froyo 2.2 (combination 720p etc) update rumored to roll out soon I am closing this thread. This thread started as a 720p, Hotspot, Boot Animation thread way before it was decided (vzw) to roll them all into one update. This thread evolved into 2.2 talk eventually and became a useful one at that. Problem now is it's not titled correctly, and better/actual 2.2 threads are available. Additionally, (mainly) I do not want this site to be loaded later by users seeking help (post 2.2 update) and gettting totally confused as to what this is all about, or getting wrong information. So I'm solving this thread and it's closed. 

Thank you for the 13544 views and 143 comments!

It was fun and I hope to nail a good thread like this in the future!

GO FROYO! 

0 Likes