Re: Incredible OTA Update 720p, Hotspot, Boot Animation
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

Very funny.... The last minute had me rolling! "Go get my phone" lol....

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

not today, not tomorrow, not next week. maybe next month? i've been laughed at for saying this fall or winter. but i am betting later than sooner. REALLY hope i'm wrong. how long after the moto droid did the eris get the 2.1 update? would it stand to reason that it could be that long after the droid and droid x get it before the dinc gets it (2.2)?

0 Likes
FramCire

The change from 1. to 2.1 was much larger and DROID was vanilla while Eris had SENSE.  Since EVO has 2.2 and SENSE, I dont think the 2.1 to 2.2 change will be that much longer for Inc as DROID.

With that said, I just want the FIXES!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
elmariachi
Enthusiast - Level 3

fezzik wrote:

elmariachi wrote:

Heard the update closes one of the root options. There's leaked versions of 2.2 out there but they're still buggy for the most part, not worth risking.

There are fixes for the bugs.  I have uh heard that it is much faster with better battery life and new software for the radio which gives much better signals. 

Yea, I saw the fixes. I'm still probably gonna wait for the official OTA to hit before I try going that route (for the first time).

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

Spoke to a second guy I know out of NYC and he said the OTA Update is a few weeks away because of "bugs" in the software. Don't worry I'll keep trying... 

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

dabubbakin wrote:

Spoke to a second guy I know out of NYC and he said the OTA Update is a few weeks away because of "bugs" in the software. Don't worry I'll keep trying... 

I think the bugs are fixed.  They have a new one that apparently came through a couple of days ago but it has to go through the testing.  Now I don't know if the fixes have to go through as much testing as the first round but either way it's back in VZ's hands so it shouldn't be too long. 

I e-mailed the CEO of Verizon Wireless about my idea that they request an optional Stock Android Rom be built for each Android phone so that people who are this obsessed about it can get the basic version and then choose whether to get the OTA or not when it comes out with all that Sense junk on it.  Doubt they will do it.  I imagine it would be a cost prohibitive and manufacturer disturbing kind of thing but it would be a consumer supported solution. 

0 Likes
mrdanks1
Enthusiast - Level 3

so back to the question at hand here.... WHEN will get some FROYO LOVIN ????  FRIDAY??  like all the rumors say or will it be more like x-mas like HTC says....

0 Likes
izgil

I just got off the phone with VZW and the rep said there's nothing about Froyo for HTC Incredible. Only for the Droid by Motorola.

0 Likes
mrdanks1
Enthusiast - Level 3

well thats just sucks {please keep your posts courteous}... i guess we will just have to wait for Gingerbread... will be a good xmas gift I guess...thx a lot VZW I should I have stuck will AT&T...

0 Likes
Sborden
Enthusiast - Level 3

The reps at VZ have no idea what they are talking about, every single one of them you talk to has a different story,

Looks like Big Red doesnt give 2 cents about their employees knowing anything either.....I know total shocker isnt it.

0 Likes