Re: Incredible OTA Update 720p, Hotspot, Boot Animation
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
I agree.... my source I have is quite high up and it was last week we chatted when he reassured me its a for sure thing that its the end of this month. Now before I kick him in the BLEEP I will defend him for being wrong for two reasons. 1 - Verizon has a strategy for everything and maybe the OTA date got pushed back at the last min for something I could never imagine. 2 - Even if he's wrong its not far off due to other phones on the Big Red getting it within the next couple weeks. oh did you see HTC SPRINT pulled the EVO update? lol.... its not ready yet according to a HTC press release. Sprint messed up again lol...
0 Likes
FramCire

Are you sure Sprint pulled the update or did you read that HTC pulled the update from their website because it was not meant to be available direct from HTC.  The leak was not the final version.

Maybe Sprint also delayed the update but I didnt see anything about that.

Tell your "high up" source to release the update now!  :smileyhappy:

Have a great (froyo'd) weekend.

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
You are correct on the HTC server. second, my source has nothing to do with the release, but everything to do with management high up. he already messed with an updated phone a week or two ago. I wouldn't be surprised if vzw is trying to push all these phones at one time, although I'd think that'd be a tech support nightmare. well, yes have a happy Froyo weekend free of nightmares and let's keep our chins up. Our day is coming!
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i'll still believe it when i have it....lol

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

Think I'll just turn my phone off for a month..... Geez that would be horrible if I still didn't get that update! 

0 Likes
ibanez737
Contributor - Level 1

To be honest, no one at VzW will be able to tell you accurately when an update is coming unless it's about a week or so before the update on average.  There have been no reports of any updates for the Incredible lately.  I would venture to guess that a few VzW employees read the rumors, and start spreading them throughout the company and then are thought of as the official truth.  I was guilty of it myself back in the days of 2.1 for the Eris.  As of now, though, the Incredible doesn't have anything slated and anything at this point is still probably rumor.

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
I'm thinking that with all the supposed Moto p.r. agreements with vzw things have changed. Rumor was that vzw and Moto have this heavy advertising agreement and so on. I'm thinking this whole Froyo madness between manufacturers and carriers has gotten so bad that dates are bumped around like crazy. It's fairly safe to say that HTC has the build ready for this phone and the evo. It's all a question as to what the manufacturers want when it comes to competition and then the carriers competition. Official dates? No, I don't think anyone knows till the day or two before a OTA update. I think vzw likes to be confident in products more than the competition so they balance demand vs quality with quality much higher. I'm a little tired of the subject now lol... I need a technology reality check!
0 Likes
FramCire

So dub, did you beat up your contact?

Or at least find out his new take on it?

I wouldn't care nearly as much but the dropped call issue is suppossed to be addressed by the OTA that is merged with Froyo.  So while Froyo is exciting, I kinda want the update so my phone works better.

0 Likes
KlineAJ

Made two phone calls, one to Verizon and the other to HTC, some interesting information was presented to me and here it is!

Verizon: Spoke to CS Rep: Stuff that may not have been mentioned...

Changes to the GMail communications as well as other typing sources.

Corporate users get remote wipe and other tools to control employees phones.

Increased boost speed and better compatibilities for file formats.

Verizon apps inserted.

Auto update of Android market.

Adobe Flash implemented.

(Interesting fact was that he said he was reading it off the update release paper)

HTC: Spoke to Tech Rep: Stuff that may not have been mentioned...

Boosting of corporate accounts security.

Ability to use Bluetooth commands.

Better voice recognition.

Faster Sense UI.

(Said he was getting his information from the Verizon preview release form, when asked what that was he said its Verizon's basic view when first previewed, said other form where off limits to his department and that release is now all on Verizon.)

Reason how I was able to squeeze a little more information was that I said I was an employee who uses Android devices for my business (which I do) and I need to be told of all the update information so I can plan around it, hence reasoning for all the information for corporate accounts.

I asked both of them if they can email me a copy of the information and this is what was said:

Verizon: I can not release this paper to you as it is just for Verizon's CS and not intended for the public, all information given to me was currently available to the public except for the corporate changes which he was allowed to give out.

HTC: This information is only to be given over the phone and can not be given.

When asked for the release date these were their responses:

Verizon: We at the CS level do not know of releases until the day of or sometimes not even then. (I pushed for a guess) It should be released soon around the mid to end of August, however that is a rough guess and may come sooner or later.

HTC: We do not want you mad at us if it is not released on the date we told you however an estimate would be sometime in the 3rd quarter, and when I said August, he replied that it should come then if Verizon allows for the update to go through, when asked why Verizon he said it is now with them and they may want changes to the software if they are not satisfied with it.

So there we have it.... we shall see if they would just stop bumping release dates everywhere...

Cross our fingers!

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

Good call on the info man...

On a side not about the "source" I feel **bleep** trying to convince that this guy is actually important in the vzw field. I'm not giving any info away on him in fear of him getting in trouble. Besides it's not like he's a VP or anything, just very involved in product releases. I didn't get to talk to him recently due to he lives out of town and I'm not going to call or text him via vzw if ya know what I mean. So I'm just going to have to assume something happened and bumped the date back. I'm convincing myself that it's going to be this week along with the Moto Droid push I've been hearing about.

KlineAJ, The HTC version is most def released so they were right. Well I hope they are LOL it's an HTC rep. I was told by my source that the update has been in VZW's hands for weeks now hence the "leak" of the update. So you can see my frustration when it comes to rumors and release dates. I know they have it, but they have a plan for how they want to push it. Could be a million reasons. I'm just tired of waiting and it makes me want to start rolling my eyes at Big Red even if I've been a loyal customer for 10yrs now.

It just seems a little silly to me that if an updates available why not push it already? Is it that big of a deal? Who knows...

0 Likes