Incredible Battery not so Incredible?
beigs

To say that the battery on my new HTC Incredible does not last long is somewhat of an understatement.  Example: My phone charged all night last night, I unplugged it at 6:45 this morning.  I received three phone calls (all ignored), checked 2 voicemails, and made one call that lasted about 15 minutes.  In addition, I listened to Pandora for about 30 minutes, viewed a few emails (responded to one), and sent two text messages.  Bluetooth and WiFi were both off.  By 12:30, the phone was dead.

This is not in anyway what I would consider to be an above average amount of use, I wouldn't even call myself a power user.  Yet I can't even get a half a day out of the phone.  Do I got a bad battery or is this normal?  Is anyone (or everyone) with an Incredible experiencing the same issue?

I did install the task killer application to kill running apps on a regular basis that I wasn't using and this made a very small difference, but enough that I noticed.  Still...half a day? 

I love just about everything on this phone, but if I can't get a day of use out of it, what's the point?

0 Likes
Re: Incredible Battery not so Incredible?
trunksy

I just got my Incredible the day before yesterday and the first day I got it, installing apps and setting up only lasted me 3 hours on a full charge. How lame. I probably won't be using it as intensely in the future but that's not even a quarter of the way through my day.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

I have reading the reviews on the incredible on phonescoop web site. People in their reviews say that battery life is draining like crazy. So basicall poor battery life.You are not the only one that is expericing this issue. I just posted in another thread on how to extend your battery life.Check HERE

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

In 4 days I have charged my phone 9 or 10 times.  I imagine eventually we will get a battery life boost as is common with most updates by the time they finished with my Droid I had gone from 3/4 a day to almost 2 days of normal use.  I am hoping the incredible will be similar.  I am really hoping the extended batteries come out soon.  I gotta say that this thing is going to be inconvenient until I can get a battery with over 2500 mah. 

0 Likes
M3lton
Contributor - Level 1

They have extended life batteries out already.

Check out Seidio. They have some awesome stuff. Anything over 1750mAH you'll have to get an extended back cover which will make your phone a ton more bulky.

0 Likes
ss23

I was experiencing the same frustration, until I did some old school battery maintenance.  After which, my Incredible has been running all day (from 6:30am until 11pm) .

Give this a try to fully charge your battery.

1. Completely empty the current charge, until you cannot get the phone to turn on at all (take the battery out a few times and reinstall to ensure complete discharge).

2. Plug in and charge the phone (normally do this overnight).

3. Once "fully" charged, unplug and remove the battery for a few minutes, reinstall, and then plug back into the charger (the charge light will most likely be back to amber) - let it charge again back to green.

4. Your battery is 100% charged.  

Let me know how this works on your device.

-SS

0 Likes
punior10
For some reason I don't seem to have that bad of battery life. With moderate-high usage (mainly games, email, & internet) I still have about 20% of my battery left. TYPED FROM MY DROID INCREDIBLE
0 Likes
budone
Legend

punior10 wrote:
For some reason I don't seem to have that bad of battery life. With moderate-high usage (mainly games, email, & internet) I still have about 20% of my battery left. TYPED FROM MY DROID INCREDIBLE

I do not either. The unit comes set up as a battery hog.  It took some time and some reading on the boards on how to monitor and find programs that may run constantly ie Facebook by HTC, but I get a days use out of the unit and a bit more.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i get a full day as well with fairly heavy use. games, text, web browsing and a few calls. about 3+hours of up time and 20+ of awake time. i even have gps on all of the time? live wallpapers too (mario bros....really useless and fun!)

0 Likes
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

Do yourself a favor and pick up an extended life battery. Unfortunately, the Incredible has a pathetic stock battery. You can go through all these pointers you read about, some of which include actually putting the phone in "airplane mode", which essentially turns off it's capability to be a mobile communication device. Seriously??

Get a battery and consider it an expense of owning an Incredible.

0 Likes