Incredible 2 unable to send, receive picture messages and vcards
tiarkskn

I have been unable to send or receive picture messages and vcards for a month.  I am on a family plan, there are no blocks on picture messages as other members on my plan have no issues.  Regular text messages go through just fine.  This is very frustrating for me, I have tried soft reset and I am afraid the only thing that might help is a hard reset.  Is there anyone else having this issue, or anyone that knows a solution?

Kristin

0 Likes
Re: Incredible 2 unable to send, receive picture messages and vcards
tiarkskn

Does anyone have any input on this?  I have found other people posting very similar issues on this forum.  I am not using any external app to send mesasges, just the regular texting that comes on the phone.  Internet works, and I haven't unlocked the phone or anything like that.

Please help, I've had this issue for about a month now and it is very annoying.

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

I understand how frustrating and inconvenient this can be. I'm always on my phone taking pictures and sending them out to friends and family, and would hate for this to happen. But don't worry I'm here to help get this resolved.

I researched this and did not find it to be a known issue with the Incredible 2. It seems your phone does have a data connection since you are able to access the Internet. 

You mentioned that other lines on the account are able to send and receive picture messages. Please keep in mind that the picture message block is added to lines individually and not to the account. I see you tried a soft reset and this didn't help. There may be a possibility that you line has a block preventing the picture messages, but I would need to access your account to make sure.

I would like to take a look at your account before you try the hard reset. I know how inconvenient a hard reset can be and I want to avoid this if possible. If you are still having issues with your picture messaging, please send me a private message with your name and mobile number. I'll be more than happy to further assist you.

I trust we can get this resolved as soon as possible.

0 Likes
SNCriner1

I'm having the same problem. MMS worked fine yesterday, woke up this morning and can't send or receive MMS. I've pulled the battery but it didn't help. I'm using the stock messaging app. I've had the Incredible 2 since June and have already had to do a hard reset and then get a replacement phone. The phone I'm now having problems with is the refurbished phone I've had less than a month. As far as I'm concerned this is the worst phone I've ever had. Very disappointed in HTC.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Do you have data block enabled, or turned off the data network?  If you said yes to any of those then that's your problem.  You do not get charged data for sending a MMS, but it requires the port open or you need data network turned on.

0 Likes
Davey126

Different handsets (LG Env3 and Touch) but I have found the latest mobile email app titled "Mobile Email - Latest Version" blocks transmission / receipt of picture messages along with other data services. Appears app monopolizes the data connection (data icon constantly displayed even when no data is being sent) preventing other services from gaining access. Known problem. Do not have experience with other handsets - just sharing my experience.

0 Likes
biggyb12

I just started having this problem last week. As far as i know nothing has changed on my phone or my account just can't seem to find out why it just quit sending and recieving picture messages. I'd rather not have to do a factory reset but i guess if nobody else has a fix i'll have to.

0 Likes
dbq-andersons

I too am seeing this issue.

My wife and I have identical Incredbile 2s that we bought on the same day back in July of this year.  Now, within the past few weeks, she cannot send of receive picture messages.  My phone still works fine.  After verifying that the blocks and settings on her line were not the issue, I contacted VZW support and the second level technician I ended up working with (since the 1st level guy was stumped) dropped the phone off the network and we re-added it again (*228 --> opt 1), but it did not help.  She verified all our blocks are turned off and saw nothing on her end that would prevent them from working.  She recommended a factory default reset as a next step.  Before I go there (and we lose progress on a whole bunch of her games), I'm wondering if anyone has any new ideas on this one.

Thanks,

Bill Anderson

0 Likes
dbq-andersons

I too am seeing this issue.

My wife and I have identical Incredbile 2s that we bought on the same day back in July of this year.  Now, within the past few weeks, she cannot send of receive picture messages.  My phone still works fine.  After verifying that the blocks and settings on her line were not the issue, I contacted VZW support and the second level technician I ended up working with (since the 1st level guy was stumped) dropped the phone off the network and we re-added it again (*228 --> opt 1), but it did not help.  She verified all our blocks are turned off and saw nothing on her end that would prevent them from working.  She recommended a factory default reset as a next step.  Before I go there (and we lose progress on a whole bunch of her games), I'm wondering if anyone has any new ideas on this one.

Thanks,

Bill Anderson

0 Likes
madamemarceau

I literally just had this problem and was 10 minutes from another handset exchange when the tech asked me how i was connected to the internet.  I had been connected to wifi.  as soon as i switched to 3G, the issue was solved.

i hope this helps.

0 Likes