Incredible 2 acting up
kgedye

My phone has been acting up and when I went to the Verizon store, they were of no use. Here are my problems:

1) vibrate function doesn't work

2) I am receiving text messages but I cannot access them. I can only see so much in the preview pane but that's it.

I took my phone to Verizon and the sales guy stated that I have one of the worst phones on the market and that he felt sorry for me. He backed up all of my contents on my phone and did a facotry reset to wipe everything off. It worked for about a day and now it doesn't work again.

What is wrong with this phone??

If Verizon can't/won't make this right, I will find a different carrier come my contract renewal!!

0 Likes
Re: Incredible 2 acting up
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there kgedye,

The sales guy must have been mistaken, the Incredible 2 is an awesome device. I am sorry that you are having some issues with it, let's see what we can do to get you back up and running.

What happens when you try to click a text message to view it? Do you receive an error message?

At this time, if the factory reset did not fix the device, we would need to discuss replacement options. How long have you had the device? Do you have insurance? Any physical or water damage?

Nicholas_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kgedye

The factory re-set did not work the first time around. I called the support team yesterday and they did another factory re-set but only put my contacts back on the phone.

I got the phone when I signed up with Verizon in February 2012 and am not up for an upgrade until february next year. No, I didn't purchase the insurance and there is no damage to the phone. I am very careful with it so nothing happens to it. When I brought up about a new phone, the sales guy simply said that I'd have to wait til February unless I wanted to pay full price for another phone. I would love to get a new phone that doesn't have any problems but I refuse to spend $300+ since my contract isn't up yet.

Thanks,

Kess

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for this additional information Kess. I understand paying retail price for a phone right now can be difficult. I did some research and have not found an issue with the vibrate or incoming text messages. How long has this been an issue? Are you using default text message app, or 3rd party? If default, you can try downloading Handcent message app from the Play Store. Its free and easy to use. That may work.

Although you don't have insurance, do you happen to know if you have an extended warranty? This feature alone costs $1.99 per month.

Another option would be if you have another line on your account that may be eligible to upgrade now that you can use. Then when you become eligible in February, the other line can use yours. You can check eligibility by dialing #UPG, (#874) send, from wireless phone. You'll get free text with upgrade details.

I hope this helps.

Vanessa_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes