Re: If you receive the HTC Droid Incredible Froyo update, please post here.
Migraine

Got update 15 min ago  843 area code Charleston SC    9/01/2010   and if you select MPEG 4 video for the camcorder setting you will see the 720p vide res. Option ..Have not had time to really test any thing out .

But to those still waiting  you don't have to keep going to check for updates, when I turned my phone on it said a system update was ready ..So your phone will tell you.

0 Likes
knalis

i gotta ask a really dumb question every one who got the update whate does yourr boot loader say on the screen does it say verizion or drooid  i got the ota and mine didnt say verizion any more some one let me know ?????

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

the verizon splash screen is gone with the update. now you get a "droid" screen followed by a "google" screen. got my ota last night (8/31) at 10 pm pacific time. in phoenix (but fyi....location doesn't matter....it's totally random).

0 Likes
rn53982

I had notification on my phone this morning at 6:30AM EST here in Indianapolis.  I updated to 2.2, and although I must say that web browsing has a slightly noticable speed increase, I am not sure what the hype was about.

I was also stoked to get the update, but even with the addition of integrated flash 10.1, several popular sites using flash will not work.  Also, the amount of "Bloatware" installed that you can't remove is **bleep**.  Including:

Skype,

VZ Navigator

Amazon MP3

My Verizon Mobile

Google News and Weather

If I wanted this crap I would download it.  If they want to push it in an update fine, but give us the option to remove it if we don't want it.

Last but not least, I was stoked about the 3G mobile hotspot capability, until I found out it cost money to use.

Speed gained with the update is nice, but overall not worth the hype in my opinion.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

you forgot 3g mobile hotspot....lol. yes....more bloatware. it doesn't bother me much. so now there are 3 more icons amongst the 100 in my app drawer.....no biggie to me. it's annoying, but i suspect the deals vzn has with these companies contribute to subsidizing the cost of the devices. i for anything that will keep a $600 device at $200. if they can make an extra buck in the process, oh well. my device is noticeably faster. if you look, there's a thread where peeps are posting their qudrant scores. the average device is now twices as fast...faster now, then the X (at least until it gets froyo). all i really want was the speed, 720p video recording, and ANY additional battery life. i got 2 out of 3 and will monitor it today to see if i eek out any more life. i'm very happy with the update (oh yeah....and install apps that allow it to sd card!!!!!! free up memory and not have to worry about getting the low memory message!!!! BIG plus).

0 Likes
knalis

ok i looked in the market for the flash and cant find it nowhere  somebody help 

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

you already have it if you got the update. go to settings->applications->manage apps->touch the "all" tab on top of screen->long press adobe flash......does it say version 10.1.72.7???? if so, then you're runnin flash 10.1!!!!!

0 Likes
knalis

oh so it dont runn off any web browser or something cause i use opera and it seems not to work on there thats why i was like wth!!!!!

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

don't know about opera? i know a lot of people are saying it is running fine on certain sites, but not running properly (or at all) on other sites????

0 Likes
hvg

Got the update but now my phone wont play wav files. I have Vonage and I kind of like the ability to hear my messages on my phone. Before the update I was able to play messages in .wav format. Any one else having this issue?

0 Likes