Re: If the 2.2 update has destroyed your phone post your issue here. Wants as many as possible
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

ldworley wrote:

Since updating my phone, I have not been able to access my google calendar using my phone. I keep getting an error message and it shuts down the calendar.  I need help in solving this issue.

You can try going into Settings-Applications-Manage Applications-All and choose calendar and clear data.

And something definitely destroyed mine.  Was going to call tech support about the post froyo wifi issues and restored back to stock FRG01B.  Everything was good until I did a factory reset.  Now verizon can't get it activated. Replacement device is supposed to be overnighted.  Fingers crossed for that droid 2. lol :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
Re: If the 2.2 update has destroyed your phone post your issue here. Wants as many as possible
ldworley
It worked. Thanks!
0 Likes
gilmantonsailor

Droid Works Now! IT contractor installed new SSL, sprinkled some pixie dust and changed some internal server settings " ... mostly due to the .com address running in your internal network."   I would have pushed for a more in depth explanation but he charges by the hour with 1/2 hour minimum.

Pictures are still going out upside down.

BTW

Verizon spell check does not recognize the word " Droid ". It will suggest Droid's, Druid, Dior, dried, drool and drib however. Catchy new names for the newest Verizon smartphone --- The Drool, The Drib, The Dried. I would probably take a good hard look at ... The Torrid!

0 Likes

Battery has about 1/8 the life it used to pre update. Apps open in the background without wanting them there. My weather channel app has not turned off in a week and again is killing my battery (can't turn it off). Called motorola 1-800-331-6456 I had to wipe the phone (all apps will reinstall if you go to the market place, hit settings, and hit downloads). This update is awful, not sure what they were thinking here.  

0 Likes
scottmitchell

PROBLEM! Just received the update and now i can hear nothing in calls. Must use speaker or bluetooth

0 Likes
All-points

I too did the 2.2 update this past weekend. The battery now only lasts a few hours and I can't connect to my office or home wireless network. The wireless connection keeps going on and off.

0 Likes
All-points

Well, I posted the same problem that everyone else has had with the 2.2 update. I read a post about shutting off the GPS. When I went to settings-location and security, I noticed that there was a check box to turn off/on the wireless adapter and one for the GPS antenna. The wireless adapter was set to off. I checked the box and had to agree to a release window that popped up. The wireless networks now work fine and I can now reach the internet. 

I don't think this will fix everything but it is a start.

0 Likes
meliannone

My phone DIED for 5 days after this upgrade!!!  Horrible..Couldn't even turn it on or anything..Verizon did nothing about it!  Couldn't even hard reset it or anything and because it died on a weekend and there were no Droid's within a 100 mile radius I had to wait to get a new one!!!  We are jumping ship to Sprint or AT&T as soon as the contract ends in a few months.  Verizon's phones and wireless services are great, but CUSTOMER SERVICE is lacking!!!  Plus, charging over $30 bucks for internet services per phone is a rip off!!!  Other companies have managed to make a plan for families with more than one smart phone...why can't Verizon?  Oh yea..Cause they are money hungry and don't care about their customers!  Was anyone offered a credit for those days their phones were down and out?  Of course not!!!  BYE BYE VERIZON!!!

0 Likes
BeeMac62

My battery no longer holds the charge like it used to.  Any suggestions???

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
You can jump to sprint if you want, or att... where customer service is worse, and phone selection is worse...

If you really think they are cheaper you haven't really looked into it. Verizon cost me $5 more than Sprint with the comparable package. The only way they are cheaper is in unlimited plans, where it is about $10 a month.

If you ask and aren't rude they will overnight you a phone. Have fun with Sprint or ATT because you will wish you were back in <6 months.
0 Likes