Re: If the 2.2 update has destroyed your phone post your issue here. Wants as many as possible
clemsontigers13

ever since the froyo update my phone has been so slow, applications force close regularly, the touch screen is very unresponsive and often doesnt click where i actually tell it to, and is overall just worse since i updated.  i had to go to the store to figure out how to get my phone on silent because the new way is so complicated because you cant use the side bar like previously, even though that is the most logical and easiest way.  There is also no way to have your phone be completely silent or just on vibrate with no noise without going through the hassle of entering your settings and altering the sound options.  GET RID OF FROYO. there were no helpful additions...none of it was needed or helped make the droid better or easier to use.  All of the new features were completely useless.

0 Likes
Re: If the 2.2 update has destroyed your phone post your issue here. Wants as many as possible
HansEckman

Although I like the new interface, I've had the following issues since the Android 2.2 update.  I've confirmed these problems with another Verizon user.

• Poor network connection.  Phone keeps dropping to 1X from 3G even in strong coverage areas.
  • Very slow data connection, often timing out.
  • Loss of all data connection, but no way of knowing.
  • Loss of voice and data from time to time.  I have to power off the phone to resolve.  Longest outage was 4 hours before I realized I had been missing calls and emails.
  • Phone has frozen twice requiring battery removal.
  • Intermitant delay in application response.  I'll click to launch an app or click a link/button within and app, and there is a 3 second delay in responding.  In some cases I've clicked again thinking I missed the button, and the link gets executed twice after the delay.  For example, one click to change tabs, then the second click closes the tab which was not intended.

I'd rather a release be very late then buggy like this one.  I even waited 2 extra days before updating.

0 Likes
cinbun
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got the update in two parts, about a week apart.  First part, no problem, second part, phone kept freezing.  Took it to the Verizon store, but took out my sd card because I hadn't saved the pictures yet.  Phone worked great after the install at the Verizon store until I put the sd card back in.  There's obviously something on my sd card that's interfering with the update.  So I reformatted my sd card and now it seems to be working fine.

I think I'll be a little more careful about the apps I download that need access to the sd card, though.

0 Likes
cinbun
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
chicaangel88
I've had several screen freezes all of which I have had to do a battery pull and restart the phone so I could use it. I've had a couple times where it wont do anything because I "have no service". The messaging always seems buggy and I go to open a thread and it will open a different one that I am not even close to. It drains my battery badly and I was forced to uninstall apps that I frequently used because they continued to run when they weren't in use and draining it even more. Its more of a headache than help. Love the new format, they just needed to make it work right. It has also made apps force close that I never had issues with before.
0 Likes
sdhempe

Several Apps no longer work.  Pandora at first no sound, now that I uninstalled and re-installed it no longer will load a song, Shazam (still works but, no longer can buy the mp3 or play the you tube video).  Everything was working perfectly - why did the screw this up so bad?????  Didn't they beta test this thing at all???

0 Likes
BabyRN

Ever since I downloaded the 2.2 update these are my issues:  1) both incoming and outgoing calls, the caller can not hear me, then the call disconnects after about 20 seconds; 2) My icons take a good 5-10 seconds to show up on my home screen when waking the phone or returning from and application; 3) My internet browser will not close upon returning to the home screen, when I hit the browser button the last page I visited is still there; 4) My phone no longer hooks up to my hands free in my car, it shows it is paired but the call is not put through the cars speaker system, and 5) I am getting voicemails a day late and no notification of missed calls.  

I have had this phone for two months now and I am devastated I am pretty much stuck with it since I am no longer in the 30 trial period and I can not afford to upgrade at full retail price.  This phone is useless to me since I can't even make a phone call from it  :smileysad:

0 Likes
kmbailey3
Since I've updated my phone. It freezes at least 2-3 times a day and have to take the battery out to make it work right. It also erases all of my messages during the freeze. This is very annoying.
0 Likes
gilmantonsailor

We dumped our Blackberries because the e-mail problems were insurmountable and a constant money pit.  My Droid's (which worked and synced perfectly the day it arrived) update came thru and trashed our connection with the Exchange server here at the office. I have spent two + days on the web researching and looking for answers (Verizon's site was worthless), an hour and a half on the phone with Verizon support with no progress (other than loosing all my contacts, emails and messages after trying a factory reset).  Gave the problem to our IT contractor (his updated Droid works fine - no issues). He's tracking down security certificate errors (apparently the button that says "accept all SSl certificates" ... Doesn't.

So far I'm out three days of billable work time, $$$ for a new SSL for our Exchange server, $300 (and counting) for tech support, no contacts on my phone (use to have 450 but no way to get 'em off Outlook and into my Droid with out more hassles), no e-mail forwarding or syncing on the road.  It would have been cheaper to cancel this **bleep** service, pay the early termination fee and run over the Droid. If I had only known!

Oh, and did I mention that the Droid now sends out all my pictures upside down when I attach them to a text message?

The next time I get an 'update available' message (and assuming I ever get this thig working) ... I will not.

0 Likes
ldworley

Since updating my phone, I have not been able to access my google calendar using my phone. I keep getting an error message and it shuts down the calendar.  I need help in solving this issue.

0 Likes