Re: ICS totally screwed up my phone
maya0630
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you.

0 Likes
ts14
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi.  I did a system cache; texting doesn't seem as flaky, but I still don't like the interface of texting anymore Smiley Sad

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

you can always download an alternative from Google Play

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bduck, thank you for explaining your situation with your phone and I'm like you, I would be devastated if a software update caused so many issues with my phone! It sounds like you have done quite a bit of troubleshooting to attempt to resolve this issue. I know that you stated you didn't want to complete a factory reset, but this is recommended when facing issues with a software update, especially one that failed halfway through. ICS on the Bionic has resolved many issues with other customers' devices and I want you to have a positive experience as well. Any info backed up on your SD card, like your media will still be saved. Verify that your contacts are backed up to either Google or Backup Assistant as well. Here is info on how to complete the factory reset http://bit.ly/NL5wza.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mikewr3007

So what can I do if I've done the system cache clear AND the factory reset and the phone is still a piece of crap!  I went to a Verizon store last night to find out how to get back to Ginger Bread.  They said I'm stuck with ICS << Comment edited to comply with >>

This phone is about 25% as fast as it was before the update on EVERYTHING it does.  20 - 30 seconds for the phone to open and dial a number AFTER I have selected a contact to call.  Just about every time I open an APP I'll get a message that the APP is not responding.  Do I want to close it or wait?  I've never had a bricked phone but this is now as close to it as you can get.  Did Verizon/Motorola even test this update on my bionic and now wimp phone?

I am so fed up with this last update I'd go to a different phone and possibly a different carrier but I'd loose my unlimited data plan.  Could this be a way for Verizon to try to force their customers to upgrade and go to the tiered plan?

Any help?

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

JB may be coming to the Bionic by the end of the year

0 Likes
mikewr3007

If this is the case, why would VZW perform an update so close to another update.  I hope this is true and JB will actually work properly!!!!!!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's up to the manufacturers in partnership with Verizon to release updates.  ICS was a major OS 'overhaul', JB is 'tweaking' ICS.  A release date for JB has not been announced, so it could be early next year before it's released.  For the record, I have had no issues at all with ICS nor my Bionic.

0 Likes
Overland1

Thanks for the reminder and info; just wiped the cache on my Bionic (never did that before), and it seems to be working OK... time will tell, and hoping I didn't jinx it. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome; I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya. 

0 Likes