ICS for Droid Incredible 2?
osvobaja

Does anyone when know when ICS will arive for droid incredible 2 or any other HTC devices for that matter?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: ICS for Droid Incredible 2?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Nope.  It has only been confirmed that the Dinc2 is scheduled to get ICS.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Blackepoxy
Enthusiast - Level 1

/news/2012/03/bl2012-03-06.html

The Rezound is scheduled to get ICS on 5.9.12 from what I have seen.

I would really like to know when the Incredible 2 will get some ICS love.

Maybe in May or the the end of June is my guess, hopefully soon.

I am currently looking forward to the release of the Droid incredible 4g.

0 Likes
osvobaja

Where did you hear the 5.9.12 date?

I wasn't impressed with what i have seen about DInc4G so far.  With the release of the One series, I thought HTC would have come up with something more stylish for it's only droid phone.

0 Likes
JonDoh
Contributor - Level 1

The one thing I mss about the iPhone is that they updated their OS regularly and did major overhauls annually around the same time.  It seems Android updates are released and then trickle into the field.  By the time we got Gingerbread ICS had already been released.  I have a feeling Jelly Bean will be out and we'll all be drooling over its features when HTC and Verizon roll out ICS for the Inc 2.

Blackepoxy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here...

http://www.androidguys.com/2012/04/20/verizon-to-issue-ics-to-xoom-rezound-over-next-few-weeks/

And a bunch of other places too, we'll see...I hope the Dinc2 is next on the list!

0 Likes
ali40m

I heard by the end of August 2012

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe that it was actually said that HTC was going to determine if the Dinc2 would be getting the ICS update by the end of August.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Targhee
Enthusiast - Level 1

I contacted HTC and was told to contact Verizon because Verizon will control when it comes out. It appears that all involved are more interested in selling the newest phones and are trying to convince us to upgrade that way.

0 Likes
chrislpelc

honestly the date for ICS on the HTC Droid Incredible 2 just keeps getting pushed back over and over and its a shame considering the popularity of the phone... i would say if you want ICS you're better off installing a different ROM on your new phone

0 Likes