I received 2.2
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
Just letting everyone know that I received 2.2 OTA today. It is the build FRG01B. It seems to work good. I noticed slighty less lag when going to the home screen from an app. The 270 degree screen rotation is cool.

I also get to use the stock email for my work (finally get to delete Seven). ATK had an update and the task killer seems to work just as it used to. The small tweeks are nice. The stock launcher is better than it was. ADW Launcher is still better IMO.

If anyone has a question I will look into it for them.

BTW I am in NE Kansas.
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: I received 2.2
sranger

It is good to hear someone getting the OTA update...

0 Likes
HipHopTechie

What time of day did you receive it?

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
It was sometime around 11 am central
0 Likes
knitcub

thanks for letting us know so maybe people will stop screaming that Verizon must not be sending it out as no one has posted about it. 

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

knitcub wrote:

thanks for letting us know so maybe people will stop screaming that Verizon must not be sending it out as no one has posted about it. 

I think you'll be seeing people do that anyways. So far I only see one user here that has got the 2.2....none other people have that I see

0 Likes
jgumphress
Get rid of the task killers. They serve no purpose on this type of OS. All they do is take up memory space. The Android OS does a marvelous job of handling task without any aid.
0 Likes
TheCho

Did the number of home screens change from 3 to 5? Can you switch between apps without them closing out?

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

You can hold down on the home button and it'll show the 9 most recent apps or you can just hit the home button and choose another app from your homescreen or app drawer

0 Likes
iliketech

I have not received 2.2 yet.  I called Verizon Technical Support yesterday.  They told me that they had a message to stop the OTA rollout at 5:30 p.m. the day before (Monday night).  No word on when it would restart.  I'm not sure if anyone said they've actually received the update yesterday or today?

0 Likes