I never should have touched that SYNC setting!
KathHR

I have the Droid X2 and recently made a dumb mistake and need help correcting it. 

I was in my gmail settings; and changed the sync from 3 days to 'all' or whatever is the longest term.  What was I thinking??  I have thousands of unopened emails!

And, of course, I can no longer get to that setting on my phone, it's on major overload. 

And now the phone's battery is good for a partial day; 

I have un-checked all the sync buttons found in "Setting: Accounts: Gmail".  But that hasn't helped. 

When I click the Gmail icon, I get a grey screen; then a box, "Sorry!  Activity (in application Gmail) is not responding.  Force close; Wait; or Report"  I've done all three.  When I waited - I came back a few HOURS later, and nothing had changed.  And no one responded to my Reporting the problem.

Is there a way to get into the settings from my PC when it's plugged in with the USB?

Thank you

0 Likes
Re: I never should have touched that SYNC setting!
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

I would go into gmail from a computer and try yo adjust the settings there. Sounds like your gmail account is still retreiving emails from your server

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

pc has no effect on what phone does.

settings/account...delete gmail, recreate.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi KathHR,

Let's get your device back to normal functionality. As the Gmail settings are only accessible through the Gmail folder we need to try to get it to respond again. It's been more than likely causing that error due to the device constantly trying to download all of your emails. You can go to http://www.gmail.com on the computer and delete any old emails you don't need. You can also try to access Settings -> Apps -> All -> Gmail and select Clear cache, Clear data and Force stop. This isn't going to stop all the emails from trying to sync but may stop everything for a few moments to allow you the access to go into Gmail and change the option again. Keep us posted with the experience.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes