Re: I'm still only at android 2.1
kmanrath

Thanks for the replies so far

And yes, I have tried the manual update before even coming here and I keep getting an error every time I try.  I follow all directions putting the file in root on the sdcard and renamed it to "update.zip" and still get the error.

0 Likes
ballbusta
Enthusiast - Level 3
Did you name the file update.zip or update ? Because the file extension is usually added automatically you should only have to name the file update
0 Likes
kmanrath

I named it "update" because I already knew that my windows is set up to hide the extension, and I even double checked under the properties and details that it was only update.zip once

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
Do you have your phone plugged in? If so don't. Also, backup your pics, vids, music to your pc, then reformat your SD card. Put the update back in the Root folder and try again. When the update is completed dump your stuff back on the card.
0 Likes
kmanrath

dabubbakin wrote:
Do you have your phone plugged in? If so don't. Also, backup your pics, vids, music to your pc, then reformat your SD card. Put the update back in the Root folder and try again. When the update is completed dump your stuff back on the card.

I have tried it unplugged as well.  I was told that it wouldn't delete anything though but it seems to always delete my music playlist =/  anyway, just to be sure, I was also told that I have to downgrade as well but the site that said that wasn't trusted and there seemed to be a lot of problems with it.

Right now this is my phone info-

baseband version-1.00.03.04.06

build number- 1.22.605.0

Is the downgrade thing true?  And if so why is that?

0 Likes
ballbusta
Enthusiast - Level 3

According to another forum your build # should be 1.22.605.2. The post says the update.zip won't install over your build number . If you want to check out the post with instructions I will paste a link below.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=7933281

0 Likes
kmanrath

ballbusta wrote:

According to another forum your build # should be 1.22.605.2. The post says the update.zip won't install over your build number . If you want to check out the post with instructions I will paste a link below.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=7933281

Thank you this worked.

0 Likes
ballbusta
Enthusiast - Level 3
Good. Any bugs with froyo ? Just curious my install went fine
0 Likes
kmanrath

ballbusta wrote:
Good. Any bugs with froyo ? Just curious my install went fine

I have not ran into any bugs yet and I have done quite a few things with it since I got it.  I am loving the speed improvements (really noticable like on PSN when trying to look at friend status), the native flash light app and 720p video recorder now.  I have turned off syncing of all the new stuff such as news and even weather (though that isn't new) and I have had no battery problems at all like a lot of people are complaining about and I only have the stock battery.  So, great update ^^

0 Likes