I'm still only at android 2.1
kmanrath

I heard over a week ago that 2.2 update was out but I still haven't gotten it.  How do I get it?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I'm still only at android 2.1
ballbusta
Enthusiast - Level 3

According to another forum your build # should be 1.22.605.2. The post says the update.zip won't install over your build number . If you want to check out the post with instructions I will paste a link below.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=7933281

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

It will come. If another 2 weeks or so and still no 2.2, I would call into tech support to see if they can schedule it to be pushed to you.

0 Likes
jimswigart

I received notice of upgrade on my phone and pushed "install"  then had to take a conference call 30 seconds later and hit "cancel".    That was a  week ago.  Will it be pushed to me again or do I call customer service to have it re-sent to me???

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i believe if you clear your cache and then go (somewhere) into the settings you can find an area that will prompt you again.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

budone wrote:

It will come. If another 2 weeks or so and still no 2.2, I would call into tech support to see if they can schedule it to be pushed to you.

wow!! tech support can really schedule it?? :smileysurprised:

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I think if someone has not received the update in a month, YES I am sure they can trigger the system to send a notice out. That way it can be tracked. If it never makes it to the device, there is a bigger issue.

Now with that being said, two of the last three techs I spoke with the last two days, I am not sure they could tell me how to turn the phone on.  I was over their head when talking to them. And the store.... well, the store looked nice. and new. But the minute I typed ##778 and the password on my phone to show them some internal settings I felt were wrong, ya would have thought I pushed the button to end the world.

Ohhhhh and at the store they have the computers to sign in... I begin to sign in and I am stopped by someone holding a pad of paper and taking the info manually. "The system is down". Then she proceeds to enter the info that I had nearly completed.

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
Manual update?
0 Likes
budone
Legend

Did I not get the memo it is National Sarcasm Day on the site?  Someone asked a question, I offered my opinion.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

dabubbakin wrote:
Manual update?

I was not talking about doing the update manually and just getting the update with that notification.  Thanks budone for answering!!!  I'll give you kudos

0 Likes
jimswigart

Went to my Verizon store and explained my problem with "install" then "cancel" on my 2.2 update.  Well, he gave me this link:

http://www.androidcentral.com/how-manually-update-your-incredible-froyo

It totally works!  Follow the directions carefully and it will go smoothly.  I also did verify that my pre-udate build was in compliance with what the site says.

Also, be patient.   The process takes 15-20 minutes.  I thought it died half way through, so just wait.

Enjoy!!!!

0 Likes