I'm dissapointed with the droid so far.
Chiica99

I upgraded to the droid last week. I had the device for about 3 days, then out of nowhere it started resetting itself repeatedly. On Monday, I took the phone back to my local Verizon store, and they game me a new one. The rplacement phone is doing the same thing. Do task killers affect how the Droid runs? If the problem is my doing, I wish I knew what I was doing  wrong so I can stop doing it. I mean, it isn't possible that I was given two lemons in a row is it?

0 Likes
Re: I'm dissapointed with the droid so far.
Ardoreal
Enthusiast - Level 2

Chiica99 wrote:

I upgraded to the droid last week. I had the device for about 3 days, then out of nowhere it started resetting itself repeatedly. On Monday, I took the phone back to my local Verizon store, and they game me a new one. The rplacement phone is doing the same thing. Do task killers affect how the Droid runs? If the problem is my doing, I wish I knew what I was doing  wrong so I can stop doing it. I mean, it isn't possible that I was given two lemons in a row is it?

I honestly would probably be pretty disappointed too.  I had a similar experience but with the Palm Pre when it first came out, my replacement unit was also defective so I gave up on it altogether.  However the idea of how it worked was fantastic, and I'd honestly still be a Palm Pre user if it had worked like it was suppose to.

I can't blame you for ditching the Droid, but I can share with you that my experience is not like that.  I use the advanced task killer but I honestly feel like I'm over-zealous about killing tasks.  It has not affected the stability of my Droid negatively though.  The only issue I've had is a buggy program here and there from the Marketplace that has drained my battery overnight.  

If I were you, I'd do a factory reset, settings->privacy and start over.  There may be a bug that caused some mis-configuration somewhere and this may alleviate that.

That's sort of shooting from the hip though.

0 Likes
Chiica99

Ardoreal wrote:

I honestly would probably be pretty disappointed too.  I had a similar experience but with the Palm Pre when it first came out, my replacement unit was also defective so I gave up on it altogether.  However the idea of how it worked was fantastic, and I'd honestly still be a Palm Pre user if it had worked like it was suppose to.

I can't blame you for ditching the Droid, but I can share with you that my experience is not like that.  I use the advanced task killer but I honestly feel like I'm over-zealous about killing tasks.  It has not affected the stability of my Droid negatively though.  The only issue I've had is a buggy program here and there from the Marketplace that has drained my battery overnight.  

If I were you, I'd do a factory reset, settings->privacy and start over.  There may be a bug that caused some mis-configuration somewhere and this may alleviate that.

That's sort of shooting from the hip though.

I'd give anything to be able to do a factory reset. It's impossbile. The phone restarts every 30 seconds. Sometimes it doesn't give me enough time to unlock the screen.. Customer Service even tried walking me through a hard reset and that was impossible as well.

Thanks for replying.

0 Likes
GreySeal
Enthusiast - Level 3

Chiica99 wrote:

I'd give anything to be able to do a factory reset. It's impossbile. The phone restarts every 30 seconds. Sometimes it doesn't give me enough time to unlock the screen.. Customer Service even tried walking me through a hard reset and that was impossible as well.

Thanks for replying.

There are way too many people without problems for it to be something inherent in the Droid.  As strange as it may sound, it looks like you actually did get two defective phones.  I'd try again if I were you.

The Droid is way too nice of a phone not to have had a good one at least long enough to make up your mind without the distraction of a defective device. 

Good luck.

Oh, and don't bother with task killers until you are familiar with the ins & outs of the phone.  Take it from someone who has worked with computers for years.  There is WAY more (temporary) damage you can do with task killers than good things if you do not KNOW what you are doing.  (no offense meant, it's just that one needs to have a pretty good idea of what's going on before using those kind of programs.) 

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

ask your verizon rep if they would be ever so kind as to give you a droid from another verizon retailer, assuming its not one of those resellers.  but if you had two bad ones then maybe a bad batch of droids there????

what would it hurt to ask them?

0 Likes
Chiica99

willanaya wrote:

ask your verizon rep if they would be ever so kind as to give you a droid from another verizon retailer, assuming its not one of those resellers.  but if you had two bad ones then maybe a bad batch of droids there????

what would it hurt to ask them?

Well, my first Droid purchase was through Verizon's website. I'm going to take the phone back to the store. I'll avoid downloading any sort of task killers on the new phone and see if that does the trick.

0 Likes
regulat0r

Thats motorola for you.

0 Likes
Damnyou83

I dont understand why all people are having problems with the Droid. I have had mine for 3 weeks now and have had no problems with it. My sound quality is perfect, I figured out the e-mail thing so I have no problems with my e-mails that people on here are having, I figured out how to maximize my battery time so thats perfect or atleast what I expect it to be with a Smart phone, My camera doesnt have any of that stuff people on here are complaining about(Although once in a while I get blurry shots). Did I just get lucky with my model? Why am I not having these problems? There are some buggy apps but other than that the phone itself has been good.

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

i too have had no or little problems with my droid. i had to replace my first one because of the camera issue but since then it has been working fine.

rememeber this is an electonic device. they were put together by some children in third world country for 2 cents a day.  you have to accept that there will be problems and you have the power to go an exchange it if you are not satisfied.

kidding about the 2 cents a day thing. probably more like 7 cents and a cup of rice.

0 Likes
OLDDAWG

I have had no problems with my Droid.  I have had it for 3 weeks also.  It is a great phone. 

0 Likes