I love my DROID...when it works
Sparky9813

Okay, I just got a Motorola DROID for Christmas yesterday. I fell in love with it before I even had it. I used to go up to Best Buy and Verizon to just play with it. It seems like a great phone...when it works. Unfortunately mine doesn't work all that often.

Granted, I've only had it for 36 hours, but in order for it to really work at all I've had to pretty much keep it plugged right into my computer or the wall. The moment I unhook the power cable the phone goes from saying it has a full charge down to at least 50%, usually 20% or 5% though. I've gone through and disabled all the power hungry functions like GPS, Bluetooth, etc... and downloaded one of the AppKillers...it isn't how I am using the phone. There are times when I plug the power cable in and the phone itself doesn't even receive power (the little light next to the cable input will flash but not remain on, but I can't turn the phone on either). There has to either be a problem with the battery or the phone itself. I'm just curious if anyone else has experienced this issue and what you were told by Verizon?

I fully intend to bring mine back on Monday and demand a new one because as the phone is right now it is completely useless, except as a paperweight.

0 Likes
Re: I love my DROID...when it works
mikeynavy1

Sounds like the battery may be defective and not holding charge.  Either that or the connector for the charger may be bad.  Your problem isn't normal and the Droid is a great phone...it works better than you're describing...haha.  Good luck.

0 Likes
kylek14

Take it back to the store, I'd blame the problem on the battery, i used to have the LG EnV, and a few months back my battery started not being able to hold a charge (i'd charge it ALL night and the phone would die within a half-hour after being taken off charge) so it's your battery, or, possibly both.

Take it back to the store, tell the tech the battery's not holding a charge, (bring your charging chord with you) then run a quick test with another battery, if the phone holds the charge, then it's your battery, if it still doesn't have a charge, it's your charging cable.

Just what i did. The tech asked when we were due for an upgrade and we told him, he told us just to get one of the extended batteries for the duration. But obviously this wouldn't be the case for you.

---

kyle

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

dont charge from your computer because the output generated by a usb connection is not even close to what you need.

but yes it sounds like you got a bad battery, some people get them and others don't.  sorry to hear it. good luck and welcome to SKYNET

0 Likes
ibanez737
Contributor - Level 1
You might try reseating the battery. I know I've heard some people not having a good connection and causing battery problems. Maybe give it a try and see what it does.
0 Likes