I could swear that I had my droid "speak" replys to my texts but don't remember how. Does anyone know how?
cuemagic

I could swear that when I first got my Droid, I somehow got it to "speak" replys to text messages but I don't remember how I did it.  Does anyone know how?

0 Likes
Re: I could swear that I had my droid "speak" replys to my texts but don't remember how. Does anyone know how?
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello cuemagic,

Having your device read your text replies is a neat feature.  On your device you can enable voice readouts by navigating to Settings>Accessibility>Check Accessibility and Voice Readouts.  However, this feature will enable the device to read every action the phone participates in.  You can speak your responses by pressing the speaker icon on the virtual keyboard in the text application, but in order to have your device read the text replies you receive and only that feature you may look into downloading a 3rd party application to assist you such as Handcent.  Please keep in mind Verizon Wireless does not support 3rd party applications and if you download an application this is at your discretion.  Please let me know if you have any additional questions.  Thank you.

TominqueBo

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes