Re: I can get email, but can not send it.
DrOid2

Well I had the same problem, but until they get it fixed, get K-9 Mail from the Market...works on my Hotmail, AOL, Roadrunner, and Yahoo... Oddly enough, my corporate account works fine on the default mail client.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

kriam wrote:

MorganB can you post similar information for Charter?  I have the same problem as the rest on this post. I get an "authentication error sending"  I have entered the server, port, username and password identical to what my desktop account is set up as and cannot send outgoing. I assume that the cable companies must have a different set of ports for smart phones?

Curiously, this has only begun in the past month. The first 2-3 months or so that I had my DROID I could send emails just fine.

Dont use the charterinternet.com settings, those are for business accounts only.  Use the Mobile.charter.net settings.

0 Likes
kdcruiser

Tom-We have been working with Verizon Tech support and our office Tech support, have spent hours on the phone with both and in conference calls with both on the line. Not once was port 465 mentioned, I can't believe the people at Verizon don't know this! What a waste of time, when the fix was so simple. We did as you suggested, and PRESTO, our sent mail goes out without a hitch.

Thanks for taking the time to post your solution!

Mike and Darlene

0 Likes
Swabbie76

I cannot send email with IMAP and I believe it may be the security settings.and my provider says to use TLS, which I think may be the problem.  How do I set it for TLS?  I use my own domain with 1&1.

0 Likes
PGTN

I can send & receive fine through 4 accounts using regular email. My problem is when I am using www.live.com through the browser. I cannot send from there. Sometimes I need to forward &/or respond to an email which is only there.

The error message is: Sorry, it looks like there was an error. Please try again.

I have done factory resets etc but I still cannot send. I could not find any known problems with Droid's 2 op system & live.com any suggestions?

Thank you!!

0 Likes
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

You will need to delete the account so that you can set it up correctly. The steps for doing this are listed below:

• Menu
  • My Accounts
  • Choose the Account
  • Click to Remove Account

After you have done this you will need to set up the account manually using the correct server settings. The steps for completing this are listed below:

• Menu
  • My Accounts
  • Add Account
  • Choose Email
  • Enter your email address and password (Username requires full email address (e.g. username@live,com)
  • Uncheck automatically configure account then press next
  • Choose Incoming Server and enter in
    pop3.live.com
    port 995
  • Choose Outgoing server and enter in
    smtp.live.com
    port 587 (either SSL or TLS depending on client being used)
  • Hit Okay and save

Once you have done this you should begin receiving messages within 15 minutes.

0 Likes