I can download anything from android market & no verizon apps on the device
eoinf

Got a replacement phone via ebay. 

Droid Incredible, got is setup last night, the unit is good as per verizon. Tried to install skype but nothing dowloads, was getting this to work fine on wifes incredible2 unit. Also noticed there are no apps on it for verizon although the verizon logo appears when i boot up the unit.

Any thoughts?

Do i need to dowload via computer to the unit? Can i email myself the files i need?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I can download anything from android market & no verizon apps on the device
Not applicable

I agree with mdram4x4. Definitely sounds like the phone they sent you is rooted.  There is no safe or official way that we can recommend to get your phone back the stock platform/software.  You can try to download any VZW apps you need from the Market under the 'Verizon' tab.  Otherwise, you may want to contact the seller of the phone if it's not going to let you use it effectively.  

Hope that give help you out!

Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

eoinf wrote:

Got a replacement phone via ebay. 

Droid Incredible, got is setup last night, the unit is good as per verizon. Tried to install skype but nothing dowloads, was getting this to work fine on wifes incredible2 unit. Also noticed there are no apps on it for verizon although the verizon logo appears when i boot up the unit.

Any thoughts?

Do i need to dowload via computer to the unit? Can i email myself the files i need?

sounds like you have a rooted phone

could have some issues depending on certain things that may have been done to it

0 Likes
Not applicable

I agree with mdram4x4. Definitely sounds like the phone they sent you is rooted.  There is no safe or official way that we can recommend to get your phone back the stock platform/software.  You can try to download any VZW apps you need from the Market under the 'Verizon' tab.  Otherwise, you may want to contact the seller of the phone if it's not going to let you use it effectively.  

Hope that give help you out!

Thank you!

0 Likes