Re: I am considering sending in a FTC complaint
AZSALUKI
Legend

where do think i got it? lol....i've never claimed to be original!!

0 Likes
angie8564

I talked to Verizon about this issue and they said it was done by HTC so I called HTC. They said they are aware of the problem and are trying to resolve it. When a solution is developed they will post it on their website www.htc.com/support. Hope this helps some people calm down. It's all good peeps :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
budone
Legend

AZSALUKI wrote:

where do think i got it? lol....i've never claimed to be original!!

:smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
Jeff1953

Another valid complaint...when you plug the phone into your computer, your brower opens, or is redirected to verizon's v cast manager page, imploring you to download it. There's another thread here on it.  Verizon told me pretty much, that's the way it is.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

You can shut down the option of that stuff wanting to be loaded to your laptop.

0 Likes
w40d1n1
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Cable Company analogy is flawed, unless of course your Cable Company is force installing always-on applications like Microsoft Messenger and Garmin GPS Navigator, on your cable box.  If they are, you should tell your story to one of the plethora of Tech writers who would be interested in reporting this.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i'm sure you know i was being sarcastic....but they DO force channels on me that i don't want and that slows down my cable browsing experience....same general concept.

0 Likes
w40d1n1
Enthusiast - Level 3
I didn't know you were being sarcastic. You gave no indication, and your plethora of forum posts makes it difficult to understand your motivation(s) here.

That clarified, browsing (assuming Internet browsing via tcpip) actoss the cable RF plant would be done on different freqencies than those used for video. Alternatively, if you meant channel browsing (i.e. channel surfing) then more channels is a better option for the masses than ease of channel surfing for a few. It's hard to argue that autorun+alwayson Skype benefits the masses.
0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

w40d1n1 wrote:
I didn't know you were being sarcastic. You gave no indication, and your plethora of forum posts makes it difficult to understand your motivation(s) here.

That clarified, browsing (assuming Internet browsing via tcpip) actoss the cable RF plant would be done on different freqencies than those used for video. Alternatively, if you meant channel browsing (i.e. channel surfing) then more channels is a better option for the masses than ease of channel surfing for a few. It's hard to argue that autorun+alwayson Skype benefits the masses.

Then you will have to define benefit towards the masses that 100 channels is better for everyone.  That's like saying to someone who only watches 3 channels and paying for 100 channels it benefits them. 

0 Likes
w40d1n1
Enthusiast - Level 3

> Then you will have to define benefit towards the masses that 100 channels is better for everyone.

I said *masses*, not everyone.

0 Likes