Re: I am considering sending in a FTC complaint
bbarnill
Enthusiast - Level 1

The bait and switch is typical of Verizon.  They did the same thing years ago with internal GPS capable phones that they DISABLED only to offer the service back via the Verizon Navigator service.  Now they've sold space on your phone to Skype, CityID, et.al. and demonstrated a "{word filter avoidance}" to their customers by disabling their customers ability to remove the bloatware from the phone that WASN'T on the phone before the unasked for, forced "update" was foisted upon them.

They will only relent, as they did before, when a class action lawsuit is brought against them.

budone
Legend

What percentage of computer users REMOVE programs that are loaded on their systems? Less than 2% if that... and they can remove it if they want! 

Most wont even remove the icon on their desktop for the programs let alone the AOL, Earthlink or whatever programs may be added.

0 Likes
alewisinnc

How please?  I connect to my office computer to charge the phone as with the update the battery won't last the day.  It's annoyance that I can't have happen during a meeting.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

One thing I noticed with the update were things I had set not to sync or sync at a longer interval was changed. I have GPS on 24/7 but is only used when needed, 7 email accounts, news, weather. Use the phone not alot, but I do text and I get most of a day out of it. I also still do the bump charging.

If you go to MENU>SETTINGS>ABOUT PHONE>BATTERY> what is the uptime and awake time?

0 Likes
Jwhit49

The solution I was offered to deal with the overage charges on my wifes account was a complete scam. My wife was wrong about what day her minutes reset and went over. Knowing that this never happens I called to see if I could work something out to get the charges reduced. I was told that if I took my plan to a plan that would cover the overages for a month that would reduce the charges by 25%. I guess the assume that most would hear this and say great!. I asked how much my bill would go up next month and was told $16, and then I asked how much the 25% would save me and was told $12. So the deal on the table would actually cost me $4 addtional. Great service, hey I have a deal for you. Let me charge you more money to fix the problem. I hope people know to ask how much math works out to be vs. hearing 25% and getting ripped off.

0 Likes