Re: I am considering sending in a FTC complaint
Tidbits
Legend

So you know for a fact that you are in the masses who feel the same way?  It has already been proven that people on forums like these are a minority of total users.  So if you get 50% of the users feeling the same way as you then you may actually only be less than 10% of total users.  It's also probably safe to assume that 70%+ don't even care, nor know much about their device and bought into the hype of the devices.  If we are going about statistics then it can be conceivable that you are part of the minority.

The fact you have stated hard to prove it benefits the masses, it's hard to say it doesn't as if it didn't benefit the masses there would be a lot bigger uproar about it.  like MMS for the iPhone on AT&T, and the CA lawsuits and all the media attention it got not just on the internet.

0 Likes
w40d1n1
Enthusiast - Level 3
Sigh. My *masses* comment was about cable tv channels. Please don't confuse and cross-wire comments.
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

lol....ok. i'm done with this whole subject. my REAL point is that everyone can get over it. it's just NOT a big deal. the reason it bothers me is because, since the release, people get on here just to gripe about the bloatware they don't want. if you don't want it then don't buy an incredibel (or any other android). you KNOW when you buy a device it is going to have preloaded apps, and if your not sure, then you can go into a store and play with one and try to uninsatll them (but i just assume it will have some bloatware anymore). if you can live with it, then please stop starting all of these threads just to let us know you don't care for it. it doesn't help anyone, nor contribute anything to the forum. it's just a bunch of people that would like to gripe about something that is insignificant. i don't particularly care for it....but i also don't feel the need to get on a soapbox over it. that being said, i'll quit responding so as to allow you all to go on complaining about it.

and you are correct.....sometimes i forget that sarcasm is lost in typing.

0 Likes
kschaub
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have you ever written the FTC? I wrote a Senator once, and actually got a reply from one of his aids. I don't think anyone really read the letter, but who knows?

Anyway, I doubt the FTC would take any of this seriously. I just don't see a letter getting their attention when they have "bigger" and "more pressing" stuff going on (whether they really do or not). I bet you could get your local congressman to bark at it, if you're from a small enough area where they will listen up.

Otherwise the federal government has bigger fish to fry -- like Roger Clemens!

0 Likes
w40d1n1
Enthusiast - Level 3
> if you don't want it then don't buy an incredibel (or any other android).

The issue is about buying on thing (a device w/o autorun/alwayson bloatware) only to later be forced into having the bloatware. I no longer own the same Dinc I bought 5 months ago, yet VZ is forcing me to live out my contract.
0 Likes
MrDew

My Wireless Device

Your wireless device must comply with Federal Communications Commission regulations, be certified for use on our network, and be compatible with your Service. Please be aware that we may change your wireless device's software, applications or programming remotely, without notice. This could affect your stored data, or how you've programmed or use your wireless device. You don't own the software in any SIM (Subscriber Identity Module) card that you may use with your Service. The SIM card software is licensed to you for use with the Service only, and we may change it remotely and without notice. If you bought a wireless device for Postpay Service from Verizon Wireless that doesn't use a SIM card, and you want to reprogram it for use with another wireless network, the default programming code is set to "000000" or "123456." But please note that your wireless device may not work with another wireless network, or the other wireless carrier may not accept your wireless device on its network. If you activate a wireless device for Prepaid Service, it can be used for Prepaid Service only during the first six months after activation and cannot be reprogrammed for use with any other carrier's wireless service even if it's no longer used to receive our Service

Read the following this is on the contract you signed.

0 Likes
w40d1n1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I never doubted that the VZ contract covered their **bleep**, but that doesn't make it right nor good.

0 Likes
MrDew
No it doesn't but they gotta cover their butts and it is their service
0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

w40d1n1 wrote:
I didn't know you were being sarcastic. You gave no indication, and your plethora of forum posts makes it difficult to understand your motivation(s) here.

That clarified, browsing (assuming Internet browsing via tcpip) actoss the cable RF plant would be done on different freqencies than those used for video. Alternatively, if you meant channel browsing (i.e. channel surfing) then more channels is a better option for the masses than ease of channel surfing for a few. It's hard to argue that autorun+alwayson Skype benefits the masses.

That's what I was talking about.  Doesn't matter it would be hard to argue going either way.  You would have to prove that there are more people who don't want it on to who don't care/know about it to who wants it on.  I am willing to bet the largest size of the pie would be who don't care/know, followed by who want it on, than who wants it off.

This the the problem with statistics, and I am sure you should know.  It's more of an educated guess when working with less than 10% of total users.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

better yet....less than 1%

0 Likes