I HAVE HAD THIS DROID X FOR ONLY 2 WEEKS, PHONE FREEZES, NOW MISSING 150 OF MY CONTACTS ! HELP!
nicokel4

I HAVE HAD THIS DROID X FOR 2 WEEKS NOW, SO FAR MY PHONE FREEZES UP WHEN I TRY TO HANG UP PHONE, CAMERA OPENS SPORATICALLY, AND NOW OVERNIGHT 150 CONTACTS FROM MY CONTACT LIST HAVE BEEN ERASED.  I WENT TO BACK UP ASSISTANT ON LINE AND THE MISSING  CONTACTS ARE THERE WITH A RED CHECK MARK UNDER IT.  I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO RETRIEVE THEM.  HELP!  THE CONTACTS WERE THERE LAST NIGHT AND I JUST WENT TO WORK SO I DIDNT EVEN USE MY COMPUTER OR GO ONTO BACK UP ASSISTANT TO DELETE ANYTHING, IT WAS JUST GONE TODAY WHEN I STARTED RECEIVING CALLS FROM NUMBERS I DIDNT KNOW -SINCE THE NAMES ARE GONE. 

0 Likes
Re: I HAVE HAD THIS DROID X FOR ONLY 2 WEEKS, PHONE FREEZES, NOW MISSING 150 OF MY CONTACTS ! HELP!
Wildman
Legend

There has been reports on a issue with Backup Assistant, if you can see all contacts on Google now I suggest you export them to pst file before your issue lead to numbers being deleted.

1. Log into Google

2. Goto Email page

3. Click Contact directory

4. Select "More Actions" button

4. Select "Export"

0 Likes
Re: I HAVE HAD THIS DROID X FOR ONLY 2 WEEKS, PHONE FREEZES, NOW MISSING 150 OF MY CONTACTS ! HELP!
nicokel4

I AM NOT SURE IF I UNDERSTAND HOW TO DO THIS RIGHT.  LOG ONTO GOOGLE?   I WENT INTO BACKUP ASSISTANT ON MY COMPUTER AND THE DELETED NUMBERS ARE THERE WITH A RED CHECKMARK.  I CAN SAVE THE FILE AND MOVE IT BUT IM NOT SURE WHERE TO SAVE IT TO.  

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I would not keep trying Backup assistant because you are risking for more information being lost, Google should give you a option to back it up to any place on pc, I would choose desktop to be safe...  This will not fix issue but it will save nubers to file until you get it sorted out because if it starts deleting contacts you will simply lose the information.  I havent seen the red marks that you report at this time so I can not give you a fix but I am just trying to save you the headache of loosing everything and starting new.

One more thing... you may not want to continue to reply in all caps because this indicate that you are yelling, some users may take offense of this.

0 Likes
nicokel4

well i figured it ou and logged into my gmail account - there are only 22 contacts in there.  when i go into my back up assistant u have 252 contacts.  this just happened overnight.  my contacts were there last night.  i tried to save from back up assistant to a file but my computer cant read the save file.  i guess im going to verizon when i leave work in 10 minutes.  glad i still have 2 weeks to decide if im keeping this droid x.  by the looks of it  - i dont thinks so.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
You can export the contacts from backup assistant and import them into google.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Oh my mistake, I was thinking backwards.... Ok if the Backup Assistance show all the contacts export the file to csv and then import into Google should resolve your issue..

How do I export contacts from my Backup Assistant web account?

Contacts can be exported to a comma separated values (*.csv) file only.

1. Click "Select All" link.
  2. Click the "Actions Menu" then click "Export Contacts".
  3. Select the desired export file format then click OK.
  4. Click "Save".
  5. Select the location you want to save the file to and then click "Save".

Import to Google"

1. Log into Google

2. Goto Email page

3. Click Contact directory

4. Select "More Actions" button

4. Select "Import"

0 Likes