I AM SICK OF THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
victorsosa
Enthusiast - Level 1

Every day since I got this droid x, it's been one issue after another.  I am THISCLOSE to returning this **bleep** thing.  As for today's problem, which I would sincerely appreciate a little advice on fixing; it's all about email.

I have my AOL account synced to the phone, or at least, I did until this morning.  Got a notification about 20 minutes ago that there's an authentication issue preventing me from getting my email on the phone.  I went in, re-entered my AOL username and password, and I got an error message saying the login to the account failed and to try again. 

So I wondered if I had been hacked and someone changed my info.  Logged onto a PC and  got into my AOL email just fine.  Went back to the phone and no luck.  So I deleted the account off of the phone and tried to reinstall it, only to get the same error message.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how I can get this straightened out? 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I AM SICK OF THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
victorsosa
Enthusiast - Level 1

First thing that's come up that actually wasn't a phone issue.  Imagine that.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I get this occasionally when my Incredible attempts to access one of the 5 emails I have set up. It just seems to be a glitch now and then. The next time it attempts it is fine. So I would not believe it to be a phone issue.

Though you could try shutting down the phone and powering it back up to see if by chance it is a phone quirk

0 Likes
TheTechGuy

Its called not having auto sign in on your cpu. once you get the right username and or password it will work. Problem solved.

0 Likes
Breakthecycle2

victorsosa wrote:

Every day since I got this droid x, it's been one issue after another.  I am THISCLOSE to returning this **bleep** thing.  As for today's problem, which I would sincerely appreciate a little advice on fixing; it's all about email.

I have my AOL account synced to the phone, or at least, I did until this morning.  Got a notification about 20 minutes ago that there's an authentication issue preventing me from getting my email on the phone.  I went in, re-entered my AOL username and password, and I got an error message saying the login to the account failed and to try again. 

So I wondered if I had been hacked and someone changed my info.  Logged onto a PC and  got into my AOL email just fine.  Went back to the phone and no luck.  So I deleted the account off of the phone and tried to reinstall it, only to get the same error message.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how I can get this straightened out? 

I have the same issue today. It's not a phone thing. It has to do with the AOL servers. Log back in. Problem solved.

0 Likes
victorsosa
Enthusiast - Level 1

First thing that's come up that actually wasn't a phone issue.  Imagine that.

0 Likes
SGT_Radar

I have experienced this issue on several occasions with 2 of my email accounts on my phone.  I will get the error message on my phone about incorrect account settings.  I will have to select retry the connection a few times and it will work again without changing any settings or passwords.  This has been happening since I got the phone on Friday, and neither of my email accounts are AOL. 

Not a big deal because it ends up working again, but it is a pain.

0 Likes