How to set quiet time for notifications (email, etc)
rfalsirr

I just got an HTC Incredible and can't figure out how to set quiet time. I don't want to hear alerts when I receive an email in the middle of the night.

Any help appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: How to set quiet time for notifications (email, etc)
Steve_CTR

The "best" way, is not the "free" way. 

The app is called Locale, it's $10, but it's totally worth it.  You can set the phone to go to quiet mode at night, or to change bacgrounds at work to something professional, or to text you when you're driving towards the grocery store so that you can get milk. 

0 Likes
hellorockview
Enthusiast - Level 3

You can also try Timerrific. I've never used it, but I hear it works nicely. You can set it up so your phone changes settings at specific times.

0 Likes
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2
My daughter uses a free app called Sound Manager. She swears by it, saying she can program her phone so it's silent while she's in class. I haven't had the need for it personally, but migt be worth a looky see for you.
0 Likes
buddha724
Enthusiast - Level 3

I hate to sound like a jerk but what's wrong with turning the ringer off... it's free and it works!  If you're worried about not hearing set alarms I know my Eris still sounds them when the ringer is off... not sure if the Incredible will but if the Eris does I'd assume the Incredible would too.

0 Likes
KELDER47

Go to Settings/Sounds and vibration/Do not disturb - enable and set start and stop times

0 Likes