How to chng primary email acct. to another email acct.
pcw67427
Contributor - Level 1

Was playing around w/ adding my bellsouth email to X the other day, since it's my main email @ home. Figured it be nice to be able to look @ them if I'm out & about, & waiting for an email from someone or for something specific. I guess when I added it, I made it the primary acct. However, I would like to chng back to the gmail as the primary acct. on the X. Can't seem to figure out how to do this, or been able find any thing on how to do this. I did call cs, & as usual their answer is, u have to do a factory reset to do this.

If someone could please enlighten me on how to do this or verify that what cs told me is correct, would be much appreciated.

pcw67427

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to chng primary email acct. to another email acct.
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
Right, kind of, maybe? I think it's a matter of semantics, the gmail account is the default account for the phone which you can only change through a factory reset, hence the cs rep's suggestion. I thought you were trying to change the default acct for the email app. Sounds like you have discovered this to be a non-issue so carry on and enjoy your phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
GeekGuy

pcw67427 wrote:

Was playing around w/ adding my bellsouth email to X the other day, since it's my main email @ home. Figured it be nice to be able to look @ them if I'm out & about, & waiting for an email from someone or for something specific. I guess when I added it, I made it the primary acct. However, I would like to chng back to the gmail as the primary acct. on the X. Can't seem to figure out how to do this, or been able find any thing on how to do this. I did call cs, & as usual their answer is, u have to do a factory reset to do this.

If someone could please enlighten me on how to do this or verify that what cs told me is correct, would be much appreciated.

pcw67427

Select the Messaging icon.

When messaging is open, select the menu button (bottom left) and then select Messaging Settings from the pop-up window.

When the menu for messaging settings opens, select  Email.

When Email settings opens, select Default Email Account.

PS.  no factory reset needed :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
pcw67427
Contributor - Level 1

GeekGuy,

When I do that & select the default the only acct. that shows there, w/ the dot highlighted is the bellsouth. This kind of makes me wonder if the gmail acct., though it doesn't show it. Is it poss. that it's still (w/ out being to think of a better way to put it) officially the primary as far as the X is concerned. Being the fact that it was setup when the X was 1st activated, & what the X is registered w/. Or is just my luck & another bug showing up on my X.

thanks,

pcw67427

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
Gmail has it's own app, separate from the regular mail app. The phone sets this up in the original setup and uses that account for anything google (like the market, contacts, etc.) Look in your app drawer for gmail and don't worry about adding it to the other app.
0 Likes
pcw67427
Contributor - Level 1

demmo86rt,

I understand how the gmail acct. relates to the X, as far as that it was setup @ activation of the X, where it shows up @, & what it does for the X. But, just to make sure so I'm not confused. U're confirming what I suspected was the case. No matter what shows up in the default acct. box as the primary acct., when u follow the steps that GeekGuy provided. Gmail is really the official primary acct. & what shows up in the default box, only pertains to seconday email acct. added after.

Thanks,

pcw67427 

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
Right, kind of, maybe? I think it's a matter of semantics, the gmail account is the default account for the phone which you can only change through a factory reset, hence the cs rep's suggestion. I thought you were trying to change the default acct for the email app. Sounds like you have discovered this to be a non-issue so carry on and enjoy your phone.
0 Likes
pcw67427
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks for he info guys, appreciate it.

pcw67427

0 Likes
Crooker

I need to know if the droid x is compatible with Mocrsoft Outlook email and calendar before i make a purchase? Do you guys know??

0 Likes