How many replacements
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1

I am now on my 4th Droid... all with the same problem... screen will jump up and down when in a list about twice a day. I will then have to pull the battery, because the scren will no longer accept input.

I was wondering if there was some kind of lemon law... I know that this must be rare for this phone, and I am a heavy user, but I also know someone else that has had this problem once.

And before anyone says anything **bleep**, no I am not just trying to get a new phone. My company pays for all of this.. I just don't want them to have an unneeded expense.

0 Likes
Re: How many replacements
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Assuming you are going through warranty,you'll get a refurbished Droid every time usually. Have you by chance tried to ask if you could get a different refurbished phone?

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1

I have been fine getting the replacements, but I am starting to get a little upset. This last time I asked if there was any way I could get another one instead and they told me they would only replace it with a refurbished unit.

This is the same reason I left Sprint. They gave me 6 Samsung Instinct replacements. My wife also had 6 replacements, and told me they would only let me use my upgrade.

I want to wait and use my upgrade for when an LTE phone comes out. Do you know how to get taken care of? That is all I asked for. I DONT want any tricks or anything, just to be treated right.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Every U.S. cell provider is like that & have the same policy...when you go through warranty you'll always get a refurbished device. It's not only Sprint. It is Verizon, Metro, T-mobile, AT&T...etc that all do it. It is cheaper for companies to do it. The only thing I can suggest is keep on trying and you might just come across a rep that is more sympathetic. You didn't say pacificly in your last phone if you asked for a different model refurbished phone. Don't ask for a brand new phone because that will not happen.  There is a difference between asking for a different model refurbished phone and brand new phone.

0 Likes
mjyawn
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have filed a BBB complaint if the BBB is flooded with complaints they will act quicker and with more force please file a complaint. Verizon has agreed my 3rd replacement needs replacement but says there is no problem with the droid!!!!!

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
Sorry didn't answer your question. I just asked if I could have a different model. I didn't specify a refurb or not. I guess if it happens again I can try that. I would hate to go to the bbb. I did that with Sprint, and I even got out of my contract because I had a letter sent from a lawyer.
0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Cobjones wrote:
Sorry didn't answer your question. I just asked if I could have a different model. I didn't specify a refurb or not. I guess if it happens again I can try that. I would hate to go to the bbb. I did that with Sprint, and I even got out of my contract because I had a letter sent from a lawyer.

A few years ago Sprint dropped some of their customers for calling customer care too many times. It was rediculous. That seemed to work to get out of a contract

0 Likes
Decessi

If you keep having the same problem over and over again, I would wonder if it might actually be an application you keep downloading each switch. That would be my guess.

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
I keep the apps clear for over 24 hours each time
0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
24 hours after the problem starts... and it still continues... screen un-responsiveness... all same issue
0 Likes