How do you remove Facebook Contacts in the Phone Directory
TonyRomo

The FB contacts  I am talking about are not the ones listed under People (though, my true family and friends do have the FB mark on their faces). It's when I go to Phone and it lists all my contacts and ALL FB "friends" that have phone numbers 

that I would like to get rid of.  It is driving me crazy !!!!!!  Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

0 Likes
Re: How do you remove Facebook Contacts in the Phone Directory
budone
Legend

Click People on the home screen

Then Menu

Then view

Then remove the checkmark next to Facebook or check the line for only contacts with phone numbers

0 Likes
TonyRomo

budone wrote:

Click People on the home screen

Then Menu

Then view

Then remove the checkmark next to Facebook or check the line for only contacts with phone numbers

Thanks but try that  on your phone..............it does not remove them from the list when you click on the phone icon to make a phone and then look at THAT list they are all still there.  I have already tried you solution but it only removes them from your PEOPLE contacts.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I use the people list to find who to call. 

UPDATE, I decided to check the list via the phone option, the only Facebook people listed are those with a phone number.

0 Likes
TonyRomo

budone wrote:

I use the people list to find who to call. 

UPDATE, I decided to check the list via the phone option, the only Facebook people listed are those with a phone number.

Yeah and those are the ones that I do not want on that list I am friends with alot of facebook people but do not need to call some of them so I did not want them on that shortcut phone list under the phone option.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Ahhhhhhhhhhh well in that case...... I don't have an answer.

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

Well that is an interesting delima.  I tried turning off sync with facebook then restarting and it didn't remove them.  Odd. 

I wonder if removing the facebook account would work. 

You could then put it back but leave off sync contacts so that they never sync over.

0 Likes
TonyRomo

Here is the fix It works!!!!!!! 

all you have to do is go to settings.>account & sync > check off auto sync . then click on fb >sync contacts>remove account. once its done add fb again and your fb contacts wil wont be there

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

I pondered that in my post above.  Glad it worked.  I meant to try it for sure to make sure it worked because I went through about everything else I could think of.  Just make sure when you sync face book you don't sync your contacts.  Bada Bing you're good. 

0 Likes