How do I...
gram23

A friend texted a ringtone to my new Motorola Droid.  How do I save it to my phone so that I can use it as a ringtone?  Thanks in advance

Gram23

0 Likes
Re: How do I...
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1
  1. From the home screen, touch the applications tab (located on the bottom of the screen).
    Applications tab
  2. Touch Messaging.
    Messaging
  3. Touch the desired message.
    Select Message
  4. Touch and hold the area outside the message / attachment.
    touch and hold area  outside attachment
  5. Touch the desired message option and select Saves the ringtone to the phone. 
  1. Select message option
0 Likes
gram23

Thank you for answering so quickly!  I love the photos in your reply.  They really help.  My "Message Options" do not include "Add to Contacts" and "Save as Ringtone".  Does this mean I can't save the tone or do I need to change an option somewhere else in my phone?

Good luck in your marathon

Gram23

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

gram23 wrote:

Thank you for answering so quickly!  I love the photos in your reply.  They really help.  My "Message Options" do not include "Add to Contacts" and "Save as Ringtone".  Does this mean I can't save the tone or do I need to change an option somewhere else in my phone?

Good luck in your marathon

Gram23

It doesn't have the option Save As Ringtone? That is the one to select.Then you should be able to sign it after. If still no go try attempting to download the free app called Save MMS. You should be able to save audio/sounds with that. 

0 Likes